ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

how tight do you have your trucks for - sliding, carving and bombing, and is there a tightness that does sorta all of them?

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haah aj, what were the trucks on when u sent them? like very loose or average?

btw, did you get the money okay?

Aj Hare said:
You're hard merrick...

Merrick Wildash said:
Loose or Tight.. A ride is a ride. But my trucks on the other hand i run loose these days. Double yellow Elims for everything.
Man I have my trucks ridiculously loose most of the time.
But when i sent it to you they were average by my standards. but they can handle a bit of speed those trucks, the hustler to.
just play around and see what you like
alright. thanks :)

night.

Aj Hare said:
Man I have my trucks ridiculously loose most of the time.
But when i sent it to you they were average by my standards. but they can handle a bit of speed those trucks, the hustler to.
just play around and see what you like
Should have tightened yours for Bathurst Sean.
start with ya trucks loose and go for a skate down a steep hill, carve it up try some slides and get a good feel for the board. if they feel sketchy then tighten em up a bit, then go for another skate. same thing if they feel sketchy tighten em up more and find what is comfortable for u.
make sure the back trucks are never looser then the front, and tweek it to what feels good ignore it if people say they are to loose
for anything below 60 i'm willing to have them soft and loose, anything above that i crank that shit down.

so i'd like to hear opinions, for straight up dh (70+), loose trucks with hard bushings, or tight trucks with soft bushings? or perhaps for you gnarer ones out there (definitely not me) just loose trucks with marshmellow bushings?
same bushings all year round, customized by 1.5 turns of the kingpins max. and that should do the trick =)
So how much wobble is caused or made worse by things other than the bushings.
---- like freaking out at the first hint of wobble and doing the "shit scared and tense over correction thing"?

last time I was shit-scared and wobbling I was very lucky to be distracted by something, that took my mind completely off what was going on under my feet....and like magic the wobble stopped being a problem....mind you I am not very fast.
The board still wobbled a bit, but because I stopped overreacting to it I was able to ride it out comfortably.
Getting used to dealing with wobbles is probably a good thing to put into your training program.
Then when you deal with that demon, get the board more stable and go for it, and if possible get some hot spectators on the fast bits, that are up for a flash if anyone looks out of shape!
ive never crashed from speed wobbles.... not to say that i have never had speed wobbles but yes they are all in your mind from when you stiffen up. Usually you get wobbles through corners as your board is just going spastic and cant hold the line coz its too loose
what happends if the back are looser then the front?
you have more chance of getting the wobbles

Callum Jones said:
what happends if the back are looser then the front?
As soon as you start thinking about getting speed wobbles, you get them.
Dont think about speed wobbles, there are no wobbles, what wobbles?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service