ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

So I got told a little while ago by a fellow skater (Isaac) seeing my picture in the concrete wave magazines current issue advertismnets. And he was telling me that it was for a sunglasses company from America called troy optics, who I'd never had contact with or even heard of them for that matter. So I just told him that It couldn't of been me. But recently when I was talking to Pete, he backed up Isaacs story and I checked out the online concrete waves current advertisments, and sure enough it was a photo of myself in one of the lenses of the sunnies in the picture. here's the link http://www.concretewavemagazine.com/magazine/current-issue-adsand
Click on troy optics and have a geeze, the picture has been reflected and is in black and white to this orginal

So I've sent them an email a couple days ago no reply yet. Just curious about what you would think of this situation and if they didn't end up replying to emails???

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea like them bodgey rusty hats with the faces on them, why would i want one face with 1000000 expressions, when i can get a hat with a face that has one expression, for $20

Merrick Wildash said:
Havn't you heard, all the cool inanimate object wear sunnies lol

Joe said:
Sunnies for your board????????

Ian Coggan said:
yea and couple of sunnies for my board haha, i want it to be coool. sorry that was pretty bad, but go for the sponsorship dude it be sick

tim said:
Sounds like a plan ;)
fruit loops i'm allergic to, hmm so maybe hash cookies

Joe said:
Hahaha that kid should stay off the fruit loops ;p or hash cookies maybe
Hahaha, like we said Timbo, He's Mr Hollywood! either way i still think it's a sick photo!
If they are really all about helping out the skate scene maybe they wouldn't mind throwing some money ASRA's way. Ask em for some free sunnies and some help with Newtons 2010.

The shirt is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.thegnardeal.com
Merrick, cheers bro. Its so funny the day i realised this photo was adverstised in an advertisment, I got asked to use this picture on a shirt as welll........I'm am running into the all the right people, I haven't skated properly for 3 months since my accident!

Merrick Wildash said:
Fuck Joe, Yea man.

Nice!!!!

Your stumbling across all the right people dude.
They should flow you some gear for that (original ad) . Not much cash in it, but the photographer might have a bigger claim than you for $. Photographer probably deserves some cash, skater gets proddy. If they do not reply, let me know, I'll push em from a different angle and they'll get the message. I know someone that knows someone that owes that person a favour.
Yeahh!!!! I totally agree, so far it's been 4 days with no reply to emails. So it might be time for Tim (Photographer) to send another message regarding the original ad. Hahaha or yes of course you can push them from what ever angles you want to get them to respond, ahhh yeah I know that person as welll.........;)

Hop said:
They should flow you some gear for that (original ad) . Not much cash in it, but the photographer might have a bigger claim than you for $. Photographer probably deserves some cash, skater gets proddy. If they do not reply, let me know, I'll push em from a different angle and they'll get the message. I know someone that knows someone that owes that person a favour.
That shit is tight... So how many of these are you getting flowed??? How about one my way hahah.
Damn straight you're running into all the right peole.
That's some serious shit right there, nice.
i have tried to email them trying to be a character reference for joe but the emails keep coming back to me as undeliverable????
That happened to me for awhile but then i got one through. maybe there having problems with there email I dunno aye. I think its best to give them at least one week I mean they can't suddenly take the photo out of there ad in the mag there printed and sent around the world now. If they did care about there business they would reply to emails I'm sure..........
@Tim welll i think if hop knows his stuff maybe we could give him a crack. Iff not Tim i reckon the mention of a law firm or even the law would make them reply pretty quick. But without pushing anything over the top in the first week ;)

Adam said:
i have tried to email them trying to be a character reference for joe but the emails keep coming back to me as undeliverable????
BUMP! Whatever happened with this?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service