ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

What would I need to know to get sponsored? Like, what slides/tricks would I have to be able to do or like how many races would I have to have won?
Not that I'm thinking of getting sponsored anytime soon (I've only been longboarding for a little over a month).

Tags: Sponsorship

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a kill switch for sale...

worrying about what 'tricks' you can do is the furthest thing away from getting sponsored... tricks are for kids. people dont care if you can do 180 slides or coleman slides or homo slides if you have no style doing them!

Also, if you have only been riding from a month, you are far from thinking anything along the lines of sponsorship. stop wasting people's brain space by reading silly things like this and go grab your board and go skate! 

If you worry about it too much it will never happen. ever. Skating always consists of NATURAL progression, which is something you can not force.

Why are you still here reading this? you should have turned off the computer AT LEAST 6 lines of text ago... NOW GO SKATE!

Is it topmount?

Dani said:
If you want a killswitch, get a glyde dilligaf! (i have one for sale...)
It is a topmount. brand new, Covered by Rayne warranty. PM me if your keen.

Sam Downs said:
Is it topmount?

Dani said:

Killswitch may be a better board man, but the 9two5 is by no means useless. You can definitely do anything you want to on that. I do find the concave a bit on the mellow side but you can fix that with some grip. http://www.hopkin.com.au/skateboard-griptape/
Personally i find viscious to be best but any of the "grippier" stuff should work. Like early, grippa, thumb cutter edger etc. 
What you are doing is monkey toeing, where you hand your feet over for grip. I think the 9two5 has a bit of w so you shouldn't need to do this. Your front foot should pretty much be in the middle. Work on not hanging your back foot so far over the side when you do the toeside.
And its not your wheels problem either. Those wheels are buttery as; the only bad thing about them is they wear super fast. So yeah just get some viscious then try and do your toeside 180s without monkey toeing and you should be able to go straight in to the fakie 180. 

But to be honest man, i wouldn't be to fussed learning a 360. Like jacko said it really is just a trick. It took me about 4 tries to land one a week ago and i only did it because my brother said i should try one. Work on doing usable slides; like being able to stand up check at speed. Your not really gonna be in many situations where throwing a 360 will be of any use. Being able to pop a standup check at 40k's could be fun to do in lots of situations. Not to mention it looks sick as doing standies going fast. 

Sam Downs said:

I ride a 9two5 with 78a sector 9 9balls, but what do you do about foot placement? Cause if I try doin a heelside slide with my toes hanging over toeside I am definately gonna come off. I want a killswitch so bad!

Only yesterday I found myself facing a car in the wrong lane. With little time for action I busted out a quick 360 which put me on the outside of the car and in a safe line. 360's save lives!
Ahhh, i forgot about that one. When i find myself in that situation i normally go with the  hippy jump over the car. 

Dani said:
Only yesterday I found myself facing a car in the wrong lane. With little time for action I busted out a quick 360 which put me on the outside of the car and in a safe line. 360's save lives!

Very few people actually get 'sponsored' in DH.

LOADS of people get free shit, and a bit of media coverage from Brands, companies etc., Most people call this kind of thing 'sponsorship'

Either way, no one cares who is/isnt sponsored, or on the 'gets free shit' list. It means nothing.

Skateboarding is its own reward.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service