ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hey justs aw a 7 news update thing on about a group 5-10 skaters in the goldoast and something about police. whats it all about?

oh yeh anyone who wants to watch its at 6 on channel 7

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just got back from work and looked back in to catch up....Tom you been smokin? how random is that question?
now all is clear..had a hard day at the office >;0)
slipping of topic I got thrown out of a car off my tits on beer and all sorts singing this over and over agin on the way back from a club in Doncaster...about 150 miles from home; and the bastards drove off and made me sleep in a station until the morning train...hence my lack of kareoke participation.....thought I'd share

oh dude i know
i just figured the thread needed highjacking
i think i found the answer anyways
i just can't find that video...

Aych said:
just got back from work and looked back in to catch up....Tom you been smokin? how random is that question?
Guys Its about time someone that has the ability to talk and converse with the media in a language they understand to step up to the plate and be a spokesperson for the community at large, the media profile of the sport has grown amazingly in Australia over the last year. and due to the spike in coverage over the last week i truly believe that its now that ASRA should jump at the opportunity to use what ever spring board be it bad or good to push the product closer to the main stream, What everyone has to remember is that sure the media has made a solid attack at us , and that is their journalistic right to do so . but they have also given us the chance to respond. If everyone is serious about this and want to portray the sport in the way we all know it should be some one needs to put their hand up and become the official media contact officer for ASRA. stop random media agency's from being able to take advantage of off the cuff responses, we have all seen the varied interviews from a few different riders and im sure you can work out who is getting it right and who is not, always have in the back of your mind that if you do a interview and don't have control over the final edit of that interview, then there is a good chance they will try and slay you, but also remember that its the public at the end of the day that's the final critic. And i can tell you that most people wont be at home going " what a bunch of hoodlums " etc people are educated enough these days to make their own call. If some one rocks up with a camera and asks to have a chat, tell them to talk with whoever ASRA sees fit as being a spokesperson,for the official line, five seconds of screentime wont help anyone if its taken out of context.

There are about five guys i know in the ASRA ranks that could do this with great results.

Look like everyone has said this is all just a storm in a teacup , buts its also a great opportunity if dealt with in the right way

Just my two cents
i reckon we need a law that makes heavily bias reporting illegal,
yes i know a bias free article is impossible to write, but when the article take only one side its not on
maybe some legislation be brought in,
fines for the writer so in becomes no longer worth there while
oh well never gonna happen
an official spokesperson sounds good
Australian longboarding public relations committee?
haha
good idea mate
Tom, the beauty of living in a democratic society is that we can all say our piece, even lizard mouth jernos

tom Crane said:
i reckon we need a law that makes heavily bias reporting illegal,
yes i know a bias free article is impossible to write, but when the article take only one side its not on
maybe some legislation be brought in,
fines for the writer so in become no longer worth there while
never gonna happen
an official spokesperson sounds good
Australian longboarding public relations committee?
i dunno
good idea mate
hey all, Here is my reply. Note i just typed up around 300 or so worlds and lost them with computer misuse. Friday night good session had lots of new crew and all up around 25 skaters showed, many on the new crew frothing over the outlaw, Police issue's there Once Lance and myself mostly Lance stepped up and said we were supervising everyone and we were causing no harm or trouble they were sweet, Next car park security issues but the sickest spirel. Next one another 9 levels of fun everyone was having a blast and generally skating Safe, here i will add Isaac be careful of others wheels. Then we were off back to the cars walking up the last hill back n contemplating a last street bomb a paddy wagon with 5 cops block the footpath in front of us and storm out surrounding us not really but doing there best. They were going to issue tickets for a report we skate through the mall a council offence but they weren't the council so they gave us the $30 warning took all our names and went on our merry ways and preperation for the saturday race. Race day Mum n Dad prept the sausages and i got myself n Jaxon ready the other jackson was foaming to skate the hill so i got him to organize the draw and rego Cheers bro you kill it. Practise time and time to check out the new crew, everyone killed it Lance and Josh mate real cool father and son killing the hill and all the others under 18 good job boys done yourselfs proud. Race draw first heats were about to be called then the rain and the cops showed to put a damper on the day. Decision time pull the pin or race and cop a fine i then put the question to all and the race was on weather dependent course check a select few were sent.Jackson N Leeso crashed so the race was canned at Tierney and a session at 2b2's or Slide at tolga were the options and there were some going to both. I cleaned the snags packed up and headed to 2b2's wher everyone was ripping the corners with rain coming down heavy but with Ramon Switz Dennis Norway Tony(jonathan) Hawk (Sebastian) Swed and the Germans and all the Aussies team bar Yatesy it was on wet corners of free ride, a lesson in skating for all Beers and pizza followed andthe crew headed for surfers with kev hosting. MESSY I HEARD Ramon says he was peaceful. more later on sunday and the press invovlement one last thing til tomorow sorry if i have cause any one any harm. Dave i know you don't like me but fair go hey i'm not causing yoour downfall am i??
This would mean ASRA would have to have an official line on "outlaw" meets, which if done properly could work in everyone's favour......though very different but the same the "Irish problem" had a political party that had a terrorist wing it denounced while funding and supporting it.....bit close to the knuckle but I'm sure you see the point.
If there are people out there with experience and the will let them stand up or at least give those who are willing to learn the right pointers.
I guess the wider picture is this community deciding on what the ASRA line would be on certain issues.....NOT SOMETHING I'M SUGGESTING TO START HERE....sorry but there are those that would not have got that point.
Kinda not something I can do whilst waiting for my final immigration clearance >:0) though through the whole media liason thing during various rave and acid parties etc from 1988 - 2004 happy to pass on any helpful pointers if the community thought this was the time to stand up.......Though it must be understood this would not change law it would just give a single agreed voice to a community from a community about matters that only concern that comunity
ASRA is on fire!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service