ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Out of the Killswitch and the Nemesis what would you recommend for freeride and some downhill? 

Views: 715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seem some of their boards after gutter slams and things (Some thing that I know a daddow or glyde would just bounce off from) do quite a bit of what I assume would just be cosmetic damage, but may turn structual over time.  Not saying they are weak, just saying that there are other boards on the market that can take more abuse and still come out clean.

Rayne boards are solid as rocks. Been on the Avenger for almost a year, it has travelled the world with me, slammed gutters, fallen down cliffs and banks, been in the water, rammed by other boards, run over by a car and at a drunken party it was dropped off a second story balcony onto concrete. 

The issue here is you are all to precious about your little wheely boards. It's a skateboard, it's meant for thrashing and abusing and until it is in two pieces, it is fine. The drop through killy wont crack anymore than a drop speed or a Pagan. Drop through's might get some little hairlines in em but as I said, if it's not in two pieces, it's fine.

The Nemi does have a wide platform but keep in mind that Charlie Harris is Radelaide smallest grom and his feet are about as big as my thumb, of course it's gonna be to wide for a pre pubescent kid.

Of the two, I would personally go the Killy, I like strong W concave and the Killswitch has that. Your feet will be locked in and sliding will be nothing short of dreamy. If you are a pre pubescent with size 8 feet, don't go the nemi.

Glyde make awesome boards and although I haven't set foot on Daddows yet I would trust what he makes 100%.

Don't be precious with your boards. If they are not dented, scratched, smashed and dirty then you are not skating nearly as hard as you should be.

O, and if your over 18 and your board doesn't have chewing gum mashed in the grip tape and doesn't smell of beer and piss then your not going on enough skate trips and it's time to take some time off work.

AND O! Boards come with 12 months warranty so if they do break in half you are covered.

...mmm... got the first two... not sure if I want piss added to the list though...

Dani said:

O, and if your over 18 and your board doesn't have chewing gum mashed in the grip tape and doesn't smell of beer and piss then your not going on enough skate trips and it's time to take some time off work.

Only for manufacturing faults such as a delam, not covered if they have been run into something.

Dani said:

AND O! Boards come with 12 months warranty so if they do break in half you are covered.

HA! It was also obvious that he couldn't be more than 14 years old when he described the Nemmy as "gay"...

Dani said:

The Nemi does have a wide platform but keep in mind that Charlie Harris is Radelaide smallest grom and his feet are about as big as my thumb, of course it's gonna be to wide for a pre pubescent kid.

The other good thing about the Nemmy is that the drop locks your front foot in for DH and the concave locks both in for freeride.

what Dani said + nose-guards are gay

My feet are size 12 and I'm thinking going the Nemesis but out of the two which is better for freeride?

They're both better. Depends how you ride.

Joe Wells said:

My feet are size 12 and I'm thinking going the Nemesis but out of the two which is better for freeride?

"nose-guards are gay"

You're confused, man. They're for stopping your deck getting shattered, not for shoving up your bunghole....

Throwing away $300 on another deck when you could have stopped it getting trashed with a $30 noseguard is just stupid. Nose and tail are the weakest points.

Well Im not sure but I think maybe the Nemesis.

Best thing to do Joe is find someone who has these decks and have a ride on them. Guarantee that there is at LEAST one of each around your area somewhere. Ride both, get a feel for em, and see which one is best.

If this is your first ''real'' longboard, you will be stoked on whichever one you get.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service