ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys I've been thinking about getting a new apex 37, this time I'm ditching the original trucks and going for drop through bear grizzly 852's, and probably some o'tangs. Granted that the board is fairly flexy do you reckon I can do DH with that setup?
I know a bunch of people hate on original but I've been using a torpedo 40 for a year and love it. So anyone that has input for an apex 37, help me out!

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the deck is thin and light, but out of the box it DOES NOT come with dropthru mounting, you could cut it yourself but i dont know how the magic carbon bar will react to that, fibres and stuff.

imo get a better DH oriented deck, better to having something sick at dh that you can force to freeride

rather something sick at freeride that will force you off at DH

be prepared to repair this deck alot if you get it delams etc

the short story that most others will say is *dont get it* i just left you with a bit of the why
Thanks man. Any suggestions on good dh boards that are slightly flexy and than I can put on drop-through bears??
A Landyachtz Switchblade or Rayne Vendetta both have a touch of flex and are quite good for freeriding and some downhill.

The Vendy or a Glyde praxis or similar should be rad but it sounds like you want a lot of flex if you're considering an Apex. I suggest having at least two setups - a flexy carver (Apex or Vanguard) and a proper dropthrough no-flex DH/freeride setup - call Hopkin and ask for advice on which DH board.There are hundreds to choose from.

Dropping an Apex through won't make it stable enough for downhill.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service