ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

With the festival announcing it is having a year off and will be back in 2012 in April with the first race of the IGSA season; are we seeing a back to basics this year? are we seeing a this year? 

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nn is off? shittest
There goes part of my schoolies
robert how old are you ahaha?
damn i was gonna try and get down there this year :(
great to see that the promoters have really done well for our sport , after all its OUR race that is the BASIS of the event ....and its ONLY a world championship event......pctds  (ps for those that are not skilled at the art of sarcasm , the above means i think they are a pack of f**king CLINTS )
newtons is on the igsa circuit this year, mabey its just going to be the downhill insted of a full festival
hate my life right now
Hopefully it goes back to just the way it was in 2009
are we going back to a playground

the date is on the IGSA calender, so I am presuming it will just be a return to 2009 Newtons Playground; which was a great atmosphere and what it was all about anyway a group of mates spending the weekend on a hill....

Can anyone from ASRA shed some light perhaps?

Good point, Aych, getting claritication.

Is there going to be gravity racing at Mt Panorama in November 2011, organised by ASRA?

As it stands, it "appears" that there will be no November racing,  2011,with a race at Mt Panorama in April, 2012, regardless of what the IGSA calender is saying( we all know dates can change for unexpected reasons, which is fair enough)

If ASRA are organising a race for April next year, it plonks it right in the middle of Bomb the Snowies in March, and Beat the Bastard in May, two of Australia's legitimate races/free rides.

Without clarification, it makes it very difficult to organise/plan legitimate events, which can cater to everyone.

Would be a shame for people to miss out on ligitimate races due to confusion or lack of discussion.

Hank's Place Australia said:

the date is on the IGSA calender, so I am presuming it will just be a return to 2009 Newtons Playground; which was a great atmosphere and what it was all about anyway a group of mates spending the weekend on a hill....

Can anyone from ASRA shed some light perhaps?

Sakamoto is right, it does put it extremely close to BTB dates. 

Bomb will make for a good warm up for Newtons 1 month out from it, but i'm not sure how btb will fair being 2 weeks afterwards. We may attract some internationals being that close, but i imagine we will loose a considerable amount of aussie riders.

The good thing is at least we have some notice for 2012 (once it is confirmed) so if BTB goes ahead in 2012 now we have the chance to change the dates to in between some of the international races. It just makes it hard because we know normally the weather in may is good, and mt stuart is now used by a few different sporting groups so we will have to fit into their schedule as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service