ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like Ryans idea
Dunno how I missed this thread?
Then again, I've found that pumping, particularly over distance is my cup of tea, and there isn't too much discussion here on ASRA, so I have been on Pavedwave forums much more than ASRA, even tough I live in Oz.

Anyway, my best effort was a couple of months ago, Pottsville to the Southport Seaway, and back to Currumbin. I google earthed the path, 104k's over 10 hours (ish) with a couple of breaks. I wasn't too bad the next day, a little weeary but otherwise fine.

I pump, hardly ever push, on a Roe Mermaid, Bennett 5.0 front, 15 deg wedging, Seismic 105 rear, 7 deg de-wedged. I prefer relatively soft wheels, 75A avilas on the back, and 78A Gumballs on the front, mainly cos of all the "cthunk cthunk" expansion seams that bike tracks around here tend to have.

I had the thought a while back of trying to get some sort of Ultraskate happening over here. ie; skate a loop track or path as far as you can over 24 hours. Usually it is done to raise money for charity. I certainly think that there are enough longboarders around here (Byron, Goldy, Brissy) who may be interested?

I think thatthe Sydney Canberra trek sounds awesome, though I have no idea what kinda roads you guys are looking at. I guess that I like the idea of skating smooth paths a lot more.. but that is just my preference.
Odiwan said:
I pump, hardly ever push, on a Roe Mermaid, Bennett 5.0 front, 15 deg wedging, Seismic 105 rear, 7 deg de-wedged. I prefer relatively soft wheels, 75A avilas on the back, and 78A Gumballs on the front, mainly cos of all the "cthunk cthunk" expansion seams that bike tracks around here tend to have.

I had the thought a while back of trying to get some sort of Ultraskate happening over here. ie; skate a loop track or path as far as you can over 24 hours. Usually it is done to raise money for charity. I certainly think that there are enough longboarders around here (Byron, Goldy, Brissy) who may be interested?

although i push mostly, i too have a mermaid with virage ldp trucks front and back. wheels are usually inheats. i have done 2 ultraskates in the uk which i organised with skatefurther. i got 150 miles

have you seen ultraskater.com? james's page?

i'd love to do an ultraskate again, i want over 200 miles.
Pretty sweet, not so much a long distance skater myself but I use my longboard to get around [That is: Sector 9 Teahupoo, Gullwing charger trucks, 75mm wheels].
Furthest would have been in Sydney from, Auburn, Parramatta, Yagoona back to Auburn. Thats about 28.2 kms, but not all at once mind you, this was throughout one day.
But on a typical day, I might go 12 km to visit friends nearby rather than catch public transport.

I do aim to travel to Canberra from Sydney sometime late next year with a bunch of friends on longboards and bicycles, however I am doubtful half of them will pull through. Got to get everyone in shape, that's for sure.
I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to make the dream come true!
anyone for a push race from main beach to burleigh at the goldy???
We need to plan a briz urban run,
Been thinking about it for ages if anyone has ideas.

Michael English said:
Goldy sounds very cool though as well.
I just checked it... it looks pretty new and fresh.

I would love to do an Ultra, dunno how I would fare though... I guess you nevewr know until you do one.

nat 'wafflesole' said:
Odiwan said:

although i push mostly, i too have a mermaid with virage ldp trucks front and back. wheels are usually inheats. i have done 2 ultraskates in the uk which i organised with skatefurther. i got 150 miles

have you seen ultraskater.com? james's page?

i'd love to do an ultraskate again, i want over 200 miles.
I had the thought a while back of maybe a run from Griffith Uni (Nathan) to UQ. I checked and there is biketracks nearly the entire length of the way. Could be good for a charity event maybe?

The Goldy is easy, as I know from experience that there is great biketracks nearly the whole way from Cooly to Main Beach.

Michael, sounds like a fun idea ... with LOTS of pedestrian slalom en route. Nothing like the clap from slide pucks to get people moving :-)

Zane Julian said:
We need to plan a briz urban run,
Been thinking about it for ages if anyone has ideas.

Michael English said:
Trav and I are preparing for our Sydney - Canberra trip. We will set out prob 6 September and get to Canberra for the Conehead Cup.

We have had a few training jaunts so far. 40 km last weekend and 80 km on Sunday. We covered 80 km in 5 hrs 20 min, averaging about 14.5kmh I think. Those more math inclined than myself can figure it out. All in all, I felt pretty good after the skate and could have skated further if necessary. The last 20km were through a mad rainstorm, riding through puddles and such. This very wet experience made me realise that I wont be wearing skate shoes. They soak up so much water and feel like soggy bricks on your feet. I'm going hunting for some lighweight and quick-drying shoes.

If I find my bloody camera usb cable i will upload a few photos...
Jeez louis Odiwan!

I just noticed this post. you pumped for 10 hours! That's pretty darn hardcore. No wonder you're keen for an ultraskate, you know you've already been halfway there! Would love to try the Mermaid when we catch up...

Odiwan said:
Dunno how I missed this thread?
Then again, I've found that pumping, particularly over distance is my cup of tea, and there isn't too much discussion here on ASRA, so I have been on Pavedwave forums much more than ASRA, even tough I live in Oz.

Anyway, my best effort was a couple of months ago, Pottsville to the Southport Seaway, and back to Currumbin. I google earthed the path, 104k's over 10 hours (ish) with a couple of breaks. I wasn't too bad the next day, a little weeary but otherwise fine.

I think thatthe Sydney Canberra trek sounds awesome, though I have no idea what kinda roads you guys are looking at. I guess that I like the idea of skating smooth paths a lot more.. but that is just my preference.
@ about 90% pushing, 10% rolling downhill.
although any downhill sections we had to push back up on the way back.
really noticed the extra rolling friction pushing through a wet surface as well as the heavy shoes.

haggy said:
Trav and I are preparing for our Sydney - Canberra trip. We will set out prob 6 September and get to Canberra for the Conehead Cup.
We have had a few training jaunts so far. 40 km last weekend and 80 km on Sunday. We covered 80 km in 5 hrs 20 min, averaging about 14.5kmh I think. Those more math inclined than myself can figure it out. All in all, I felt pretty good after the skate and could have skated further if necessary. The last 20km were through a mad rainstorm, riding through puddles and such. This very wet experience made me realise that I wont be wearing skate shoes. They soak up so much water and feel like soggy bricks on your feet. I'm going hunting for some lighweight and quick-drying shoes.
If I find my bloody camera usb cable i will upload a few photos...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service