ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

everyone,

im am a freeride/ doownhill rider wanting a topmount but i cant make up a decision between the wolfshark and the omen carbon matrix...

please help!

Views: 1677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*sigh*

Jack Nolan said:

Topmount: The trucks are mounted below the deck, like a normal skateboard.
e.g: 
Drop Through: There are holes in the deck where the baseplate sits on top of the deck.

Drop Deck: There are bends in the wood of the deck to lower the standing platform. 

The Omen Carbon Matrix IS a drop board. The drop just isn't as pronounced as some (like the one above). 
Oh and it will also cost you almost double what a wood deck would cost.

When I first was starting out which really, wasn't that long ago I was asking for advice and all I got was Daddow!!1!!!!!ELEVEN1!!  GLYDEEE

I bought neither of those brands. Good boards though. Btw, the Wolfshark looks so f**king sick. Its pretty much a symmetrical topmount 9two5 so I reckon it would be pretty sweet. The Omen is super duper expensive but if you can afford it, go for it!

id go carbon matrix

ive rode the wolfshark a little bit and from the second i hopped on it i didnt like the feel of it (and ive ridden a few landyahctz boards adn loved them all) and i know of alot of other people who have disliked the wolfshark alot

Caspian, you are the one who is wrong really.
evos and omens might be mounted the same as a topmount like a wolfshark, but the lowered deck makes them feel nothing like a topmount and it is completely different. Nobody else calls evos topmounts.

Caspian Baska said:
*sigh*

Jack Nolan said:

e.g: 
Drop Through: There are holes in the deck where the baseplate sits on top of the deck.

Drop Deck: There are bends in the wood of the deck to lower the standing platform. 

The Omen Carbon Matrix IS a drop board. The drop just isn't as pronounced as some (like the one above). 

really? an evo may not feel like your wolfshark but it is still a top mount, be it the disgustingly wedged and de-wedged beast that it is.
charlie harris said:
Caspian, you are the one who is wrong really.
evos and omens might be mounted the same as a topmount like a wolfshark, but the lowered deck makes them feel nothing like a topmount and it is completely different. Nobody else calls evos topmounts.

Caspian Baska said:
*sigh*

Jack Nolan said:

e.g: 

thank for all the advice guys but duh i no what a topmount drop thru and dropdown r... all that i was asking is which is better to ride.

DADDOW, DADDOW UGH GET A DADDOW. D-A-D-D-O-W DADBRO GET A DADDOW BECAUSE I SAID. OMEN IS FLUSHMOUNTED! DADDOW IS RAD AND YOU SHOULD GET ONE. ALL UP IN YOUR FACE. DADDOW WINNING! that is all....,
Wolfshark is not symmetrical and an evo is not a topmount. That is all... So much shit on here.

Step1) step on a nemesis, imagine its all carbon. thats sorta what an omen is. step on a wolf shark

Step2) buy the one you like more and ride it

Drop boards have always been a seperate category.
A commet voodoo doll will feel pretty much the same whether its symetrical or not. That isn't too important. But if comet put in a 1 inch drop it would be a completely different board.

Drop boards have a really different feel. Anyone who's ever ridden one can tell you that. The bigger the drop the bigger the feeling. With a killswitch you can barely tell but on something like a switch it feels like you're riding a hammock

Josh Musumeci said:

like said before if you have the money go for the carbon matrix, i dont think you can say that drop boards are now a separate category, but more like a beneficial change in design like when symmetrical boards when they were introduced. just my oppinion
yeah what is it like 1/8 inch drop? lolololol
KS is 3/8 i think. aha i can barely tell on mine.
Unless you meant matrix. which ends up being between .75 to an inch

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service