ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys and girls,

i want to buy a new board but i´m not quite sure, which one i should take. it should be able to ride downhill as well as cruising and carving through the city.

the choice is between the two landy-boards....

could anyone tell me something about these decks? how heavy are they? i didn´t find anything about the weights...

i hope you can make the decision a bit easier for me:-)

regards from germany

patrick

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

both are heavy. surely you realise how different these two are? the switch has that niiice drop to wedge your foot against, but the 925 gas blah blah blah just go grab a mate and stonk around on his ride for a bit

i would really love to try the boards but i absolutely have no chance to do that.

i know that the switch is a lowered ride and the 925 a drop through. can you explain, which properties both of the boards have? and do you know the kilos of the boards?

see, i´m looking fot something stiffer than my madrid cherry pintail which is a very good cruising/surfingmachine. now i want something for bombing down hills. on the one hand it should be able to go through corners in a straight line but if i want to, it should be possible to go sideways through the bend. i also want to freeride a little bit like stand up slides, city cruising and a bit of carving.

the board should also be stable enough to survive trips by plane in a backpack (probably the 925 is better for that because of the dropping of the switch?!)

which of the boards is the better "allrounder" damn...it´s kind of complicated to explain myself in english xD

the board has to be absolutely downhill compatible in ares of 70+ km/h but must also be a good board to go to the shopping center around the corner or to the bakery to get some bread.

i hope it´s a bit clearer now what i am looking for...

and as is already said, i have absolutely no chance to ride one of them before i´ll buy it so i really need to know as much about the boards as possible!!!

kind regards

patrick

daddow praxis.

like a 925 but Australian :D

daddow platypus oh damn
imo switch is better for your needs

switch is great heavy but awesome has a small w concave but u dont notice it at all

925 is decent and its heavy-ish. but the gas pedals grip tape rubs off and is a pain in the ass to re grip. daddow praxis

hey guys,

i´ve bought the switch.

got 180mm crails and 76mm hawgs in 83A. red venom barrels und green cones. it´s a pretty cool setup. stiff enough for more speed but if you losen the kingpin it´s good for carving and cruising around the people in the city. but yeah, it´s heavy...but i´m riding on it..i don´t carry it around :-P

seems to be the perfect board to take to australia with me ;-)

thanks for all the answeres!!

so if someone still would like to give me accommodation for some nights, no matter where in the country, i would be very glad!!!!!!

cheers

patrick 

When are u coming bro?

i could probably give u a place to stay

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service