ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Again same project, I need information on injuries that have been sustained and shit...brain damage, broken arms, hospital trips that sort of thing...what happened, how old were you, were you wearing gear?

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

basically came as close as possible to dying without dying man! hows the recovery on that bro?

pre slow, but im up and about now which is good... was lucky not to hit the 4wd behind the bike, but unluky to have my wheels randomly loose traction under my feet aswell... either way i survived...

ps. 4got to add, i was wearing leathers, fullface nd my fullface had a smashed facemask, so i can guess it may have saved my life...

Fell off at about 10km/h. Was wearing helmet and gloves.

Bombing mt.Ruapehu, rear pivot cup blew out in a sweeping right. went from about 85-0kph in about 3 second when i hit the guardrail. Tore ACL's and MCL's in both knees and fractured my right knee cap. 10 days in the hospital(coz my surgery kept getting bumped) and 6 months of rehab. I was wearing leathers, glove & helmet. I was 33. Took me out of riding for almost 7 months. My knees will never be the same, but I'm as stoked as ever to skate now. I just do a little more risk assessment b4 i sk8 anything.

Never broken anything, never landed on my helmet, only superficial grazes on my knees, elbows, hips, back and ankles.  Always wear a helmet and gloves and try to get my knee pads out on big days.

Leathers have saved a ton of my skin!

When I first started about 4-5 months back, sketchy footbrake turned into damaged nerves in my shoulder from being pinched between my shoulder and ribs when I hit the deck, this also broke three ribs where they connect into the spine, my physio also suspects I may have dislocated my hip partially in that fall.

Just going for xrays today to see if I have a fracture in my fibula and blown lcl and acl in my knee, this happened from running over a steel manhole cover mid corner at night and getting kicked of the board due to the wobs that it incurred.

I am 34 years old and not having much luck with this longboarding game :) ........ I never skate without my helmet and use knee and elbow pads 90% of the time, my helmet has saved me from something I don't like to think of on two occasions also

3 weeks ago I was practicing  slides out front of my house like I do regularly in the evening and got flung off the other side of my board on a toeslide slide. Have done it many, many times before but this time thrown forward and landed straight on my tailbone (coccyx). Had padded shorts under my jeans, helmet gloves etc. Felt like my tailbone was on fire still 24 hrs later. Shoulder also started playing up next morning and still cannot sit properly and use my right arm with any strength. 49 years old and healing slowly. Wife is not impressed!
Wtf what hole in your elbow? Haha that's good but, concussions I can do statistics on.

Merrick Wildash said:

this isnt serious just funny.. 

I was skating to the store, to buy some knee and elbow pads.. I was hitting about 60km on an overly janky setup I was still a major beginner at Dh. I hot mammoth wobbles, Got thrown onto the ground. Shoes came of smashed my head on the ground. 

Was concussed, had a hole in my elbow that I can still stick my finger in today. Covered in gravel rash, Skated straight to the hospital, got scrubbed.. and went home.. minus my skin on most of my body..  

Was wearing Helmet and gloves.. 

story?

James "m0juu" Crisologo said:
basically came as close as possible to dying without dying man! hows the recovery on that bro?
Nah that's good bro, I need all kind of injuries not just complete fuck ups haha

Jacob Manning said:
been sustained a while i still got little but to heal and its been two weeks haha
Street skating is good, I need all kinds of skating...so if you know anymore street skaters or if any one is one on here give me info on that too ay.

Jezza said:
Does street skating count?

If so, know a guy who was impaled on a peice of steel re-enforcing (his calf) could probably get you some pics and scans if you need em.

On a side note - its funny how you realise how buggered up you get in the winter, when scars turn purple in the cold
sorry reg just commenting on matti rae's smash

my less than gnarly story is:

never landed in hospital personally, went to mt annan once full pads gloves and lid. didnt know anything about DH but my friends were like *nah man just go* went from the top wiped out at the 2nd corner. gash in helmet front and back (woohoo helmets) crushed the carbon knuckles on my gloves and did a 5 foot pendy on my shoulder. sweet scar there now :)

Reg Gordon said:
story?

James "m0juu" Crisologo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service