ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just for the Groms who dont seem to see the need to wear helmets, I am interested in people answering the following (I would like to make it a poll, but that doesnt seem to be an option).

Please choose from:

• I never wear a helmet and have never hit my head
  • I never wear a helmet and have hit my head
  • I always wear a helmet and have never had a use for it
  • I always wear a helmet and It has saved me
  • I always wear a helmet and It has saved my life

18 months ago my answer would have been:

I never wear a helmet and have hit my head.

After the above, I started wearing a helmet...

Now my answer is:

I always wear a helmet and it has saved my life.

Yep, I headed the warning and it saved my life 6 months later.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the visual learners

Wobbles and face hits a curb:

Speedboarding without a fullface:

One year expected to recover:

I always wear a helmet. Even when I am not skating and just filming or something
Mainly from instinct and habit
But it has saved me even when it wasnt me who ate it
You can't come back from a head injury completely. Mentally or physically.
So it's just not worth the risk
BLOODY HELL! Im scared of the first one. Seems like it could easily happen on a half lid :/

Robert Le said:

For the visual learners

So, last weekend I had a stack whilst only wearing my nice comfy foamy lid, and I managed to hit the back of my head on the corner of a footpath when I assume I got highsided. (I say assume because I have now have no recollection of my skating from this day, actually I have fuck all memory of anything that I did that day). I did not crack the shell of the helmet, and the mark on the helmet does not look that bad, but I am still feeling the after affects of my poor choice of helmets for the day. 

the chances of hitting the above mentioned footpath seemed a million to one to me previously, and as such, I wore my lid. I believe that If I didnot have the helmet on, I would be brainfucked. 

and I am now leaning towards Travs point of view he mentioned early on, full faces are a very smart option if you are going to be hitting anything at speed!

A WARNING FOR ALL

If someone hits their head bad, and doesnt want to go to hospital, takem anyway! Even if they put up a fight like I did. its much easier to deal with the situation straight away.

good to hear you came out ok phil! i havent been high sided yet but that doesnt stop me from wearing a helmet either, i was at newcastle skate park the other day and met someone who was obviously brain fucked, the guy couldnt talk properly , definately wasnt a disability either

i used to never ever wear helmets  , but now i do cause i dont wanna end up with serious brain damage etc... if i crash.

HELMETS SAVE LIVES

that scared that shit out of me

Robert Le said:

For the visual learners

Speedboarding without a fullface:

One year expected to recover:

your an idiot if you don't wear one and you wont be skating with our crew..

wear you helmets or fucking die

I always wear a helmet and It has saved me

Casual push to the shops @ two weeks ago, skating on footpath, car turns in to a road I was crossing over unexpectedly, no indicators, wheels spinning, no time to brake or slow down of any sort. Had to bail to knees and hands, slid and collected side of car with helmet, I would have expected nasty lacerations at the least if it weren't for the brain bucket. Accidents happen when you are least expecting it and can be brought upon you by someone elses stupid actions. I was one of the groms that didn't even think of wearing a helmet while skateboarding about 15-20 years ago, my introduction to longboarding about a month back included the advice "put your fucking helmet on when you get on a board" or something along those lines, thanks Shannon :)

I always wear a helmet and have never had a use for it... im just too good ;) jks
i never wear a helmet and i hit my head once.. giant lump there and i wasn't even going that fast just doing some small slides and hit a rock and fell on my back and hit my head.... fucking get a helmet (its so worth it)

Whenever i skate i never leave my house without my helmet.

100% for helmets and have convinced others around me to wear them too.

plus it gives me a little added confidence because i know that i can take a hit and not get seriously injured!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service