ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just wondering if anyone has heard, seen or riden one of these devices?

It looks pretty gnarly from the few vids that I've seen, fun but way hectic!! Apparently snowboarding wihtout the snow?

Check it out.

Views: 3696

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

ride a longboard

i say old chaps, i posit that we shut down this tiresome thread, these free-boarding commoners are threatening my sense of superiority, what what?

honestly, what has become of ARSEA?

ASSRA has always been like this. What do you expect? Get a bunch of adrenaline junkies together and ask them to communicate and it will always be heated.

Freebords are skates just like everything else; scooters, blades, heelys, quadskates, freelines, pennys, skateboards and longboards. Who gives a fuck what you ride. You should enjoy yourself and not give a shit about what anyone else thinks.

Anyone that is into it to look cool, or hate on someone elses choice of skate (.....or car, or clothes etc etc), has issues with themselves, ( no confidence? low self esteem?), and is asking for attention.

Most people through online and mobile communication have become even worse. Its the way people think its ok to talk smack from behind the barrier of a computer screen.

You can get upset about it,.... if thats your thing. Its something to do I suppose. ;)

.....But I prefer to just go skate with people. You find out that they are all pretty cool when you skate together.

http://community.freebord.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=...

maybe you will feel more welcome with the others here.

Amen, Matty. As longboarding gets more popular, people start thinking it's really cosmically important what type of piece-of-wood-with-wheels-stuck-to-it you ride and get really defensive of their scene. OH NOES, FREEBOARDING IS THREATENING OUR HARDCORE IMAGE. We have the same issue with the bitchy infighting over standup-vs-luge. It won't be long before topmount-longboarders will refuse to ride with dropthrough-longboarders because dropthroughs are, like, soooooooo gay and retarded lol.

I don't bother with street skating anymore mainly because it's filled with this kind of jackassery.One look at ASRA lately tells you downhill skating is probably headed in much the same direction. Pity.

owen carless said:

i say old chaps, i posit that we shut down this tiresome thread, these free-boarding commoners are threatening my sense of superiority, what what?

honestly, what has become of ARSEA?

its been fun to check up on this thread every now and then.

but cmon guys chill out roll out on whatever but most importantly eat some bacon

OMG Im a drop through dork.

No wonder everyone is sniggering when I turn around.

....cant believe I left out Luge. Thats one of my favourite skate disciplines.

Can't you can read ????.... We do

Tom Jackson said:
ride a longboard

"Dropthrough kook", Matty. We don't say "dork" in skateboarding. Only kooks say dork. Geez, don't you know anything about skating?....

You have to use the special words when you pay out on other wheeled toys otherwise people might realise you're not hardcore. They might work out you're just doing it to have fun instead of feeling superior....

Freeboarding does look like a shedload of fun if you can find a suitable hill. Life freeriding, but wierder and probably less versatile.

already do, you fuckin' knuckledhead

:)

Tom Jackson said:

ride a longboard
i only ride with topmount longboarders...

Dave R said:

We have the same issue with the bitchy infighting over standup-vs-luge. It won't be long before topmount-longboarders will refuse to ride with dropthrough-longboarders because dropthroughs are, like, soooooooo gay and retarded lol.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service