ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

is andy still sellin these?
or for that matter anyone at all?
I'm short for cash and can't afford new shoes haha

Views: 1929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

stanley knife is all you need,...stay away from the edges of the tyre,run the stanley knife around the tyre,do this twice,...have the cuts a bit wider than your shoe width apart,slice down to the steel,all the way around..
Then make a cut across tyre,but angle it under and get it starting to peel making sure you are peeling from the steel,once you muck around and get a couple inches to grab, its suprising how you can put the knife away and peel the centre strip right off,enough for several shoes........the secret is only cutting it a bit wider than your shoe,peels easy that way...
and making sure your cuts are to the steel,and your blades are sharp
thats ok merrick

Merrick Wildash said:
Ok sorry, Guess im not aloud to joke :(
Sorry everyone..
it should look somthing like this...be carefull and dont cut your arm off before you skate

Benbro said:
stanley knife is all you need,...stay away from the edges of the tyre,run the stanley knife around the tyre,do this twice,...have the cuts a bit wider than your shoe width apart,slice down to the steel,all the way around..
Then make a cut across tyre,but angle it under and get it starting to peel making sure you are peeling from the steel,once you muck around and get a couple inches to grab, its suprising how you can put the knife away and peel the centre strip right off,enough for several shoes........the secret is only cutting it a bit wider than your shoe,peels easy that way...
yeh i have since perfected the technique leeso,here we are trying to get the whole tread off coz ''everyone'' needed some.....
which is impossible without 3 strong men.....but if your doin it on your own,just go for the thin strip down the centre of the tyre.,way easier...and stay away from the edges
Hopkin Racing rubber is back in stock!!!

After a long wait with our manufacturer Hopkin Racing rubber is now back in stock.To celebrate this great day in 100 words (about 5 lines) or less tell us why you you need free rubber. The best 3 stories will get 2 soles each sent to them and as a bonus if you send me your shoes I will stick it on for ya and send them back to you at no cost.

**Somewhere in your rant the story must say ....."and that's why I want to wrap myself in rubber"
This giveaway will run until Sunday night and you must post your rant on the HopShop thread
Excellent tip, thanks :)

Benbro said:
Just made some soles from a car tire using your technique :) Awesome result! It made my day, thanks for all :)
Thread resurrection:

Just to give my lazy tip for footbraking soles. $15 per metre, 3mm thick insert rubber from Clark Rubber. That's about $3 per sole. It will not last as long as tyre material, but it is so easy to cut and glue onto the shoes I don't mind doing it every weekend if I have too. The soles feel great to walk on, foot break, and they have a good grip on the board.

Thanks Skittles for the idea.

worth a try :-)
using the search button; BEST wanted to look for some know how to strip the tire i just got and waddya know searching works!

that pic by leeso solved everything, thanks man!
I'll have the new Rogers Bros ones in stock next week (I hope)
Rogers Bros soles back in stock. $10 each in 3 sizes (s,m,l) and each in 2 widths narrow (Vans slip ons, etc) and wide (normal skate shoes) these are a new type of rubber and are 8mm thick and apparently heaps better than the old 6mm ones.
hey ado ill grab four, but how do i pay and what would fit a wide vans style skate shoe size 9?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service