ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Tom, Joe and myself had headed up to Noosa to skate the hillclimb. On the way we went through Eumundi, and through the back way up Sunrise Rd. We found a really good estate with one road that you would hit around 80 or 90kmh. None of us wanted to do it as there is a moderatly sharp corner at the bottom and we dont have the gear. There were some fun fast runs through the estate though. We got to Noosa hill climb and did it twice because its slow and alot of walking involved, so we thought we would head up to Kilkivan as it has been talked about quite a bit. We got there and thought it was pretty epic, did it twice and was moderatly fast, maybe 60 65kmh. Walking back up the 2nd time and saw a lady talking to a guy slashing the grass on the side of the road. Kept walking and he told us that she had rung the cops. So the cops turned up and we got fined $30, well Tom did but myself and Joe were fine because were only 15.

He also said " Tell yourselves and your mates if your here again and i catch yas we will lock you up"
Theres the official warning haha!

Tags: Kilkivan., cops, fine.

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We didnt have a good look around Eumundi, but just one estate on sunrise road going out of Eumundi. Was quiet as because there is no houses in there. Was great fun though.
We will have to go out there during the holidays and exchange spots!

pete said:
I finally caught up on all my work and had one job tomorrow in noosa, so was going to go to kilkivan tomorrow. Sounds like it isn't worth it eh! What roads did you hit in doonan / eumundi. There is one I have been riding for a while that is pretty quiet.
Sure will ryan. I drive all over the coast every day so can hook uo any time really. Let me know when your hols start
They start Thursday, and i have two months off. So anytime suits me :)

pete said:
Sure will ryan. I drive all over the coast every day so can hook uo any time really. Let me know when your hols start
yer that wa spretty much the weirdest part a cop in like thongs and a collared shirt we should of asked for id.

Jamie Gwillim said:
Dont the feds have to catch you in the act. Deny everything. I also thought a cop had to be in uniform to book ya.
yer Kooky
It was are first time we have ever been confronted by a police officer, so we were just straight up with him.

kookyfish said:
that all sounds a bit weird not being in uniform and all .
I would have asked for ID.
but yeah just be polite and pander to their power trip . with Oh Im sorry I wont come back here again bla bla.
if your polite theres not much they can come back with.
kookyfish said:
that all sounds a bit weird not being in uniform and all .
I would have asked for ID.
but yeah just be polite and pander to their power trip . with Oh Im sorry I wont come back here again bla bla.
if your polite theres not much they can come back with.

Yeah it was pretty wierd but its such a small country town I would be surprised if he wasn't watching the cricket having a beer before he got the emergency call out to action.

A load of shit, and I could have probably done better to fight it but country cops CAN be absolute fuckheads, and this guys was certainly one of them, and it didn't seem worth it at the time.

Does anyone know what the second time penalty for this offense is? I want to go back there but if there's a risk of getting caught and losing demerit points I couldnt chance it aye. It was a heap of fun there.
As an outdoor government worker (National Parks) I can tell you that thongs is a serious OH&S no, no. There is no way he was on duty if he wasnt wearing closed in boots. I would have told him to cram it and bombed it again. Like Matt said it's the cheapest fun you'll ever have and as for locking you up, they are'nt even allowed to confiSKATE your equipment. It sounds like a bit of a one off thing anyway if the lady was just cruising by.

Give em a race down the hill, car VS. board.

Peace
Dani
The second second time you get caught is the same as the first. I have been caught over here by the same cop 3 times, each time was a $47 fine and thats it. Possible loss of demerit points if your not following the road rules or speeding.

Peace
Dani
Ohh true, what about for a 15 year old kid we got cautioned by the cop my friend and I who were only 15, would you know ,what the second time would be haha a 2nd caution

Dani said:
The second second time you get caught is the same as the first. I have been caught over here by the same cop 3 times, each time was a $47 fine and thats it. Possible loss of demerit points if your not following the road rules or speeding.

Peace
Dani
yer and i think when we got pinged because Myself,Ryan and Tom are all under 18 reckon the cop thinks he can pull the whole i will lock you up next time i fined you out here hahah come on lock us up for skating on a road haha give me a break.
The whole thing was a load of shit.
I'd love to see what would happen if he came across a big meet there.
whats it got to do with the old dude? old people these days, i hope you told him to fuck off haha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service