ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hi, can anyone please confim my maths and facts about the following:

Evos are wedged and dewedged.  the wedging is +15 degrees at the front and -15 degrees at the back.

2010 Bear 840 trucks can be flipped.  Unflipped they are 45 degrees and Flipped they are 35 degrees.  That is to say, you get a 10 degree change by flipping them.

Therefore, I have the following options:

Front Flipped, back Flipped = 50 degrees at the front and 20 degrees at the back.

Front Unflipped, back Flipped = 60 degrees at the front and 20 degrees at the back.

Front Flipped, Back Unflipped = 50 degrees at the front and 30 degrees at the back.

Front unflipped, Back Unflipped = 60 degrees at the front and 30 degrees at the back.

I have been riding front flipped, back flipped for downhill.  I am about to flip the back, and while it seemed obvious in my maths and current knowledge that it should be ok, I was just looking for feedback about my "facts" and proposed changes before I get it up to speed.

Thankyou.

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

840 = 8mm40degree, so 40 degree unflipped and 35 degree flipped getting 5 degrees by flipping them
Thanks Robbo!

robbo the 840 is a 8mm axel and a 40* plate so 45 and 35

Apparently the rake is 5 degrees, making it unflipped, effectively 45* and flipped 35.

I would just ride them both unflipped, I think they feel better like that, but I haven't tried them on an evo.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service