ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

going to buy a board. which one i should get?

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how about you stick with your z flex and bring us all some more great pictures ?

ur cool

Shut up Nick. Go for the dervish i would say, not as much flex, can handle a decent amount of speed, very good allround board. the apex 37 is more of a carver/freeride board with mega flex that can get abit sketchy sometimes in my opinion

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/search.php?searchid=819...

here's 47 repetitive discussions on the same subject.

ahh k sweet man thanks!!!

Kelly Carter said:
Shut up Nick. Go for the dervish i would say, not as much flex, can handle a decent amount of speed, very good allround board. the apex 37 is more of a carver/freeride board with mega flex that can get abit sketchy sometimes in my opinion

Thats a bit misinformed kelly, i believe the 2011 apec is to be much stiffer. It looks great. Either one you get, make sure you get reverse kingpin trucks. The Apex 37 2011 is for someone who wants a shorter dervish but not the tan tien. 

Unless im mistaken its just thinner due to the carbon and a bit shorter. not sure on concave or stiffness.

deffs get the dervish (flex1) ....its more stable at high speeds and since its stiffer than the apex 37, its less likely to bounce you off on corners and slides

i own a derv flex one and muck around on my friends apex, with the carbon bar thing. and the new apex is stiffer man.

both er decent for bombsquad aaction but at the end of the day its all up to rider skill. you see freaks topping 70kms on a derv but you KNOW its gonna be sketchy.

get what you feel is right for what you wanna do. best thing is to have a stand on both and take em for a spin that way you know for sure how they are. and not how people on the interwebs say they are.

Billy Isaac Wee Chien Bott said:

deffs get the dervish (flex1) ....its more stable at high speeds and since its stiffer than the apex 37, its less likely to bounce you off on corners and slides

i would not get neither ....get something with no flex..............LY 9two5

Earthwing boomerang, shit hot! Little more concave than a derv, perfect amount of flex, great little carver and light bomber, and it weighs nothing! Lighter than bamboo decks, and rides much better.
The only thing I would change about it. The only thing I would change is a little bit more concave, but i love a deep cave :) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service