ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

all the dirt on the canbrah skate scene!

Views: 28693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when?

josh austin said:

alrighty, we are going to have a dirty as farrer session! im going to show you some of my secret spots and were gonna skate some gnar! Meet at farrer primary school carpark at 10.30 (link) and well probably skate shit till about 12 (until we go to the secret secret shit). be there and call me if you wanna know anything else 0421184810.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=210669735197327155080.0004c...

tomorrow, sorry

nah sunday cunt

well make it tomorrow (saturday) but laucie we can skate sunday to. BE THERE

anyone wanna skate this arvo?

switchback or something?

City sesh Sunday! Meet at the fountain at 10:30, Josh and I will be there, everyone come and shred!

Im down ^

who wants to skate tomorrow? you have to make your own way there.

HEAPS OF UPDATES!!!

Loads has been happening behind the scenes at CDDH. After way to much planing, plotting and organising we've finally got the site back up and running - With loads of updates.  

I want to give a big shoutout to everyone who helped out this month. we've had a bunch of events and sessions and I want to thank everyone who made them possible. SHRED EVERYDAY!

The Canberra scene continues to grow and grow which means our plans continue to grow and grow. We've got some rad things planned for the near future which we know you guys will get stoked on. 

Now stop reading this and go skateboarding!

Hey guys just a heads up here. Where a lot of people meet on Akame Crescent in O'malley there was an incident. I'm not sure what happened but some newbies turned up, met at the rocks and one thing led to another and the cops were called and a kid was nearly stabbed. It happened just after Jack, Joe, Chris and myself had left to go to the hospital. We came back and we found out and yeah... I guess we should be careful if anyone heads over there. I spoke to one of the ladies who lived there and she seemed pretty chilled out though.

All right grommets this is what's called BLOWING UP SPOTS.

We have been skating in O'malley since before any of the houses were up, and when i say we i mean old school dirty downhill, not canberra dirty downhill as a whole. This is a spot that we found, and as we met new skaters we introduced them to our hills asking only that everyone respects residents, respects the tradies building the houses and respect the hill.

For years and years we skated this spot without any trouble because we stuck to these stupidly simple rules. Now the scene is exploding and there are hundreds of kids picking the sport up which is great, but. no longer are the days when every new grommet comes and skates with us, so we cant give everyone the low down on what its all about.

We work very hard to maintain an image of friendly, community focused skateboarders who are not a threat, hazard, or menace to the public. Incidences like this damage our rep and make it harder for us to get shit done. 

We are providing a service to anyone in canberra who wants to skate down hills, we run the website, organise all your races and slide jams, we give you the prizes and we stoke the stoke. We are working with local councils to get legit events for you guys to compete in, and when i hear about shit like people fighting with residents it makes me wonder why i even fucking bother.

You all have a right to skateboard, but you have to understand that when we are skating any spot, unless it is a government sanctioned skate park, you have the responsibility to RESPECT anyone else in the area, especially someone whos street we like to ride, becuase at the end of the day, if you go skating peoples driveways and damaging property, or just yelling and being little skater shitheads, nobody is going to get to skate that spot anymore.

There are alot of you that i know understand this and have never had any issues, and as the scene its up to you to tell your friends how important respect is before you tell them about what is, in the end, OUR spot.

As a member of the CDDH board, I will not hesitate to ban anyone who fucks up from all dirty downhill events, and as a guy who has worked hard to spread stoke, find spots, and shred hard, if you fuck up a spot for me and everyone else, ill beat the shit out of you.

Have you contacted the guys who did that?
Well written, Lachy.

Cody Herbert said:

Hey guys just a heads up here. Where a lot of people meet on Akame Crescent in O'malley there was an incident. I'm not sure what happened but some newbies turned up, met at the rocks and one thing led to another and the cops were called and a kid was nearly stabbed. It happened just after Jack, Joe, Chris and myself had left to go to the hospital. We came back and we found out and yeah... I guess we should be careful if anyone heads over there. I spoke to one of the ladies who lived there and she seemed pretty chilled out though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service