ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I found a site that seems to only stock a particular type of board called Vault , since they are pretty cheap i wanted to know if it would be worth while ?

Tags: ?, Good, Longboards, Vault

Views: 12336

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well you could get an earhtwing supermodel with paris/randals and stimulas wheels shipped to australia for $240 dollars i found the other day
the supermodel is great frerider and surprisinly the concave is good for downhill
so its a good baord to get because you can use it for anything

and you best off spending that bit extra to get something that is quality

Cool , what i really want is a cheap board thats verstile and just keeps rolling , what bearings does it have

Jacob Manning said:

well you could get an earhtwing supermodel with paris/randals and stimulas wheels shipped to australia for $240 dollars i found the other day
the supermodel is great frerider and surprisinly the concave is good for downhill
so its a good baord to get because you can use it for anything

and you best off spending that bit extra to get something that is quality

http://stokedskateboards.com/earthwing-supermodel-complete.html

mini logo but that can be changed and just allow for 60-70 dollars postage to aus
but my freind rides one and it will handle anything you do to it and will last forever and do whatever you want it to

Buy a second hand deck of good rep and good quality - you can always sell it after if you take care of it.
Supermodel is a great board. 

I'd recommend paris over randals, they will be a bit better for carving, Life time guarantee.  

Mate's board got run over last week, the car went directly over the back truck. His whole set up is fine, the trucks are perfect, no warping nothing. Board just got a little chip.

Those trucks can handle anything you throw at them. 
Note, looking at the supermodel link:

Looks like they are out of stock of Paris 180s, (you probably want 180 trucks not 150 or 195)

There are allot of wheels out, can be pretty confusing what to get.

Seeing that you are just starting off (this is just opinion so people correct me if you disagree) but I would recommend Purple Otang stimulus. Because they are soft enough to get good grip and the shape is really good for sliding, Also the smaller wheel sizes (70mm) will be easier to slide than larger. Pretty much do everything on them and they will be easier to learn on that the bigger wheels at the sacrifice of faster waring down. 

As the more you thrash around and slide wheels the more they will loose there grip, you probably dont want anything too grippy yet (Otang,4pres/InHeats, ABEC11BigZigs/Zigzags, Venom Cannibals and similar) Save getting these untill your hitting up Big hills, doing downhill and want to avoid sliding at all cost.
Don't get Otangs - Not that theres anything wrong with Otangs but there are plenty of cheaper wheels which peform just as well... Just don't buy vault wheels - slide like ice no traction terrible for carving or anything at speed.
Nothing wrong with otangs, dont go round telling people not to get them, dumbest response

Cents said:
Don't get Otangs - Not that theres anything wrong with Otangs but there are plenty of cheaper wheels which peform just as well... Just don't buy vault wheels - slide like ice no traction terrible for carving or anything at speed.
You are right there is nothing wrong with Otangs...like I just said in my previous post. The guy is obviously looking for something affordable to start with - lets not do something silly like dumping suggestions of some of the more expensive hyped wheels on market on the guy...
Just go on Hopkin and get one of the cheaper boards from them like a sector 9 downhill, comet or earthwing they are all good cheap boards
orange otangs are the shiz for sliding!

He kinda said don't get them, if you're smart you get a set of the market place like everyone suggested

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service