ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I found a site that seems to only stock a particular type of board called Vault , since they are pretty cheap i wanted to know if it would be worth while ?

Tags: ?, Good, Longboards, Vault

Views: 12346

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Search around for what you can get on ASRA market place first.

You will find some much better boards and gear on here selling second hand pretty darn cheap.

I'll have a look and post some links up.

based on the Two Vault boards I own, I would say there is nothing wrong with them at all. They use the same manufacturers as other more fashionable brands, they are an Aussie company, and they are affordable. They may not have all the bells and whistles that gets people into buying Landy or Rayne or whatever, but the decks are fine, the trucks are fine the wheels are fine. Ive got the Malibu and the Topwedge thing (cant remember what they call it). Both shapes used to be made by other companies, Lush and Landyachtz.

Dave has it right, if you know what you are doing you can shred on anything. The board does not maketh the man. I cant wait till Im healed up well enough to skate properly again, cos I KNOW these Vault boards are gonna be a lot of fun.

As for Globe stuff, same deal really. Its all made in exactly the same place, and targets the cruiser market. I probably wouldnt buy a globe deck though. If you think you need a 'proper' downhill board to be 'any good' at Downhill- I would ask you 'what IS a proper downhill board?' Is it proper because of where it is made, or what its made from? or who made it? or the price tag? none of these criteria enable someone to be 'any good' at downhill.

OP, hope this helps, enjoy what ever you end up buying. Wear a helmet and skate hard!

hmm i tried geting on the market place and nothing popped up it was blank ?

Thanks Mike !

Mike River said:

based on the Two Vault boards I own, I would say there is nothing wrong with them at all. They use the same manufacturers as other more fashionable brands, they are an Aussie company, and they are affordable. They may not have all the bells and whistles that gets people into buying Landy or Rayne or whatever, but the decks are fine, the trucks are fine the wheels are fine. Ive got the Malibu and the Topwedge thing (cant remember what they call it). Both shapes used to be made by other companies, Lush and Landyachtz.

Dave has it right, if you know what you are doing you can shred on anything. The board does not maketh the man. I cant wait till Im healed up well enough to skate properly again, cos I KNOW these Vault boards are gonna be a lot of fun.

As for Globe stuff, same deal really. Its all made in exactly the same place, and targets the cruiser market. I probably wouldnt buy a globe deck though. If you think you need a 'proper' downhill board to be 'any good' at Downhill- I would ask you 'what IS a proper downhill board?' Is it proper because of where it is made, or what its made from? or who made it? or the price tag? none of these criteria enable someone to be 'any good' at downhill.

OP, hope this helps, enjoy what ever you end up buying. Wear a helmet and skate hard!

you gotta be patient with the market place, It used to just be a forum like this but they changed it and now it is pretty dodgy. Takes ages to load.

What, you mean getting my Mummy and Daddy to buy me $500 Aera trucks won't stop me stinkbugging on the Killswitch I bought because K-Rimes rides it? Awww, but Miiiike....

Groms need to realise expensive gear doesn't make you a good skater. Expensive gear helps once you become a good skater. Having crappy gear probably helps you get better faster. Learning to drive an old Datto 120Y with steering slop and dodgy synchros in the gearbox will give you a better skill set than learning in a brand new automatic Corolla.

Specifically with Vault boards, of their two speedboard designs, the LY-Switch-clone is just far too heavy and the LY-Dropwedge-clone has noticably out-of-true truck mounting. At high speeds or for technically demanding stuff, neither is good. But again, for general shredding around they're fine.

Also echo your sentiments about being injured and frustrated....

Mike River said:

The board does not maketh the man. I cant wait till Im healed up well enough to skate properly again, cos I KNOW these Vault boards are gonna be a lot of fun.

Click on the 'selling dilligaf' hyperlink in market place, but it, and send the money to me! :p

For you, I may just do a complete deal...

Dave R who was that mummy and daddy remark directed at, because from what I can tell  everyone here has said vaults will do just fine for a beginner, exept for me who said check out the market place.

And if you are aiming that remark at me then you cannot be more wrong.
Thanks , Dont suppose you have any opinion on Core Division Boards ?

Tuure Pineapple said:
Go Earthwing, fullsetup + shipping, $250. Very good setups, I would get one but I have two setups already, no need.  Kracked skulls are good as well, not my style of board but great for the price. Avoid vault, wait the extra week for shipping, have much more fun on a better setup.

Aimed at nobody, dude. There's just a lot of people (mostly groms) who seem to think buying awesome gear will make them awesome. Good gear helps, but no point buying CNC trucks if you can't slide or stay on your board past 40. Expensive gear won't fix that.

Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you. I definitely wasn't. My point is, Vault gear is fine if you're new to longboarding and it's more about how you can skate than what gear you use BUT if you know you want to get seriously into it, get a high quality setup from the get-go.

Martin Diesendorf said:

Dave R who was that mummy and daddy remark directed at, because from what I can tell  everyone here has said vaults will do just fine for a beginner, exept for me who said check out the market place.

And if you are aiming that remark at me then you cannot be more wrong.

Lachlan, if you want to get a board thats going to last and will allow you to progress quickly, Sector 9 is a great start.  They have boards to suit most styles and the gear is reliable, reasonably priced and backed-up by warranty.  My experience with boards coming out of China (Vault), is the gear is made as close copies of the good stuff, but nowhere near the quality. 

I have been riding for 4 years and continually trying new gear as it comes into the shop and learning new stuff everyday.  I know where most of the gear is manufactured and by who, and the ride difference between the 'knock-offs' and the original gear.  Always go for the original gear, it is always better quality and performs better, your skating will also progress faster and you will be more satisfied with your decision.  Better yet, try some different boards and feel the difference for yourself! 

I generally find 90% of customers coming through my doors end up leaving with a completely different set-up after trying out different gear - reading about boards and actually riding them are 2 completely different things my friend and this is such an individual sport, what I like you may not...

Dregs Core Division Boards are made by a reputable manufacturer and are good to ride...

Thanks Heaps Les , do you have any suggstions for me , i`m hoping to get my first one soon , want it to be easy to ride and i can really only afford up to 170 - 180 , if you could give me any sugestions that would be greatly appreciated , thanks Lachlan

Les Graue said:

Lachlan, if you want to get a board thats going to last and will allow you to progress quickly, Sector 9 is a great start.  They have boards to suit most styles and the gear is reliable, reasonably priced and backed-up by warranty.  My experience with boards coming out of China (Vault), is the gear is made as close copies of the good stuff, but nowhere near the quality. 

I have been riding for 4 years and continually trying new gear as it comes into the shop and learning new stuff everyday.  I know where most of the gear is manufactured and by who, and the ride difference between the 'knock-offs' and the original gear.  Always go for the original gear, it is always better quality and performs better, your skating will also progress faster and you will be more satisfied with your decision.  Better yet, try some different boards and feel the difference for yourself! 

I generally find 90% of customers coming through my doors end up leaving with a completely different set-up after trying out different gear - reading about boards and actually riding them are 2 completely different things my friend and this is such an individual sport, what I like you may not...

Dregs Core Division Boards are made by a reputable manufacturer and are good to ride...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service