ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Myself, jasper marshall, chris hardy, and james hunt were all skating eagle on the hill a hill which most on here would have heard off, we get pulled over by a police officer and here is the story...

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/more-news/4642-skateboarders-and-par...

I thought i would share this bullshit arrest and opinions

Tags: adelaide, arrest, court

Views: 3228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this sport is called downhill skateboarding...

its not the frikking same...

it would be the same deal as arresting a speed skier on the snowy slope of a mountain, and basing the arrest on the fact that there are many lakes in the area that are available to water ski on, and that they are just being reckless by venturing outside what the government has "provided" then with....

What discriminatory, unconstitutional bigots.. 

STOP THIS NANNY STATE!!! 

fuck the po-leece!

the law states hat they cant confiscate porperty unless they can prove it has been used in a crime you could get the officers who took you gear for that id definately bring that up in court

matty leadfoot said:

Yes Alexander its senselessly intolerant. And incredibly short sighted. 

The cops are after citations. They are filing the complaint. In what Mr Bastard said. Street fight where 15 people beat up one dude..... its on camera.

"..... if no-one issues a complaint,.... we cant do anything...."

Hipocracy, and fascism. Enforcing authority, not sanity or security.

High level bullies. Passport to comfiscate gear too? They could have put the fucking memory stick in their damn car and downloaded the video, but they stole the evidence from you to use against you.

Plus you ain't got your camera.  WTF?? Why do they have power to confiscate legal belongings?

Alexander said:

its like racism of sports! 

Nanny country!
In Asia, all you do is ring up the council to close a road and they will do it, over here, it takes thousands and months of planning with hours of foot work and filling out of forms.  Many years ago, it was the same in most European Countries, not sure of the situation these days though.

STOP THIS NANNY STATE!!! 

im sensing a downhill skateboarding uprising in the next few days! BRING IT ON!!!!

Skateboards aren't classed as vehicles, so this is irrelevant. According to the road rules a skateboarder is basically a pedestrian on a "wheeled recreational device". Some roads are legal to skate on, and others aren't. Roads with a median strip are definitely illegal to skate on. It doesn't matter how you were skating on them.

w. morph said:

some good news on the changing lanes front, in south australia the laws only require you to indicate long enough to signal your intentions to surrounding traffic. that means if there was no traffic in your downhill lane when you were changing lanes you are not required to indicate and therefore are not riding without due care!

As I said, get a group email together, send it to everyone on the site with multiple email address' to send it to and get everyone on to it!  They also count one email as 100 people sharing the same view, as only one in one hundred will get off their lazy ass to do anything.  If you got 500 people to send the e-mail, that is 5000 peoples anger expressed to the government!

i've always wondered why cyclists can still use the road when there are velodromes scattered around the country specifically for that purpose? If we can raise awareness that downhill isn't something done in a skate bowl we may get somewhere

now yer talkin lets get something like that up and running

Bozac said:

i've always wondered why cyclists can still use the road when there are velodromes scattered around the country specifically for that purpose? If we can raise awareness that downhill isn't something done in a skate bowl we may get somewhere

LOL they want you to take your longboards to a skatepark?? this is ridiculous longboarding is just as dangerous as motorbikes!

Correction, statisticly, less dangerous than nearly anything in the world...

Cruise Lucas said:

LOL they want you to take your longboards to a skatepark?? this is ridiculous longboarding is just as dangerous as motorbikes!

after watching the broadway bomb vid on the skatehousemedia site i reckon if you had enough people to take over the cbd but do it as a leisurely skate (not cannonball run mayhem style) it would definitely get some attention as to how many people are engaged in the sport. the toronto board meeting is an awesome example of how this can be run, and do it for a good cause linked to conditions related to our sport (something like headway for brain trauma or similar) Occupy Sydney ASRA style!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service