ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Im a Junior slalom skater and i wanted to get into DH. I was wondering what type of board do i need and gear i need to use. also how much it costs. cheers.

Views: 3747

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey mate, check out www.earlyskateboards.com for all the gear you will need
Complete boards start at $299.00
and saftey gear like knee and elbow at $89.00

first thing u need is a helmet!!!!!!!!! and GLOVES AND PADS. just find a board that you like for downhill something without any flex try rayne they are great boards or glyde are pretty nice. there aussie too. or early they are good quality and a bit cheaper
mate this threads from 2008...

lewis capellari said:
first thing u need is a helmet!!!!!!!!! and GLOVES AND PADS. just find a board that you like for downhill something without any flex try rayne they are great boards or glyde are pretty nice. there aussie too. or early they are good quality and a bit cheaper
Know this is an old thread but I'm a noob here (and it has been revived).
So I'm making the transition from street/ramp skater, now looking to get into some light downhill.
Look forward to the hours of reading I've got ahead to catch up on the tech of DH.
Great starter thread.
Hey man, Im still fairly new to longboarding but i can kinda help.

I started out on a omni kick... (it is a long skateboard, not a longboard) but it did me well to intoduce me into longboarding. You can pick up a complete for like 150 i think.

Now Ive upgraded to one of (if not THE) best all round board. Although mainly freeride. haha. Its the Rayne Vendetta. I highly recommend it. If your going to be freeriding (mainly slides and stuff) and light bombing (nothing more than like pump station, but if your new it'll go down the hills youd be looking at fine) it is the perfect board to get!

Its got a nice deep tub, and it feels just right under your feet.

However if your going to be going down hill, like kira etc, Id probably recommend the kill switch or nemesis. As i said im still new to longboarding. But im mates with some really good groms Kelly Carter is my mate and goes to my school.

P.S Do you live in sydney? We can go for a skate sometime and you can try out the vendettta.

P.P.S My set up is randel trucks & bushings, bones early wheels but ive also got durians and swiss bearings. Some people like bears (trucks) on it.

Colby said:
Know this is an old thread but I'm a noob here (and it has been revived).
So I'm making the transition from street/ramp skater, now looking to get into some light downhill.
Look forward to the hours of reading I've got ahead to catch up on the tech of DH.
Great starter thread.

Hey I just started DH and I was wondering if they where a DH community in Paris??

If anyone knows let me know guys

get a helmet thats a must and slide gloves. id look at the rayne avenger, killswitch, nemesis or daddow 120y of fat pigeon

this thread just wont die haha how many times has it been revived?

It's not meant to. It's a sticky thread in the vain hope that new groms might read it instead of starting yet another pointless thread on the same topic: "im new wat bord shud I get for downhill an triks?..."

Bozac said:

this thread just wont die haha how many times has it been revived?

perhaps hop's writeup could be placed in the guides section?

well your gonna need a helmet ( or a racing helmet depending on serious you wanna go)  If you want to enter races they make you have kneepads and elbow pads slide gloves and shoes wich they are hundreds of different brands for each.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service