ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Thanks for signing up. What are your thoughts? Does the site make sense? What do you think would make the place more useful or easier to understand?

Tags: meta, ning

Views: 1249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Images still get warped for me. High res pics, fit to width only squishing everything in from the sides. Rather than scaling down evenly.
What browser and version of browser are you using? What screen resolution are you using and on what size monitor are you using it?

Sounds to me like a potential warped brain problem. Very easy to diagnose, not so easy to fix. Ask yourself these questions:

1.Do you see lots of skateboards around?
2.Do you see lots of skateboards and skateboard parts when you are asleep?
3.Do you see lots of skateboard parts that haven't been invented yet?
4.Does every road you look at look downhill, even when you're diving uphill?
5.Last of all when you talk to your girlfriend about the above three does she seem disconnected an then say WTF are you talking about Fitz?

Like I said Fitz simple diagnosis not so easy to fix. I also suffer from warped brain and have been for 15years, Its a difficult injury to manage.
Is there some way that as soon as someone joins the site they are immediately told about how to SEARCH particular words in our fine forums rather than ask common FAQ's. We've got a pretty good data base going.
I'm happy to keep adding advice but get a bit tired of hearing the same questions.
Fitz said:
Is there some way that as soon as someone joins the site they are immediately told about how to SEARCH particular words in our fine forums rather than ask common FAQ's./div>

That's a good idea. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it, but I'll research it.
Bless you if you can do that Bugs!
What happened to the chat? Maybe if we got the chat back up there wouldn't have to be so many repeated posts about things that dont really matter anyhow.
We might be able to put a search bar on the main page I know it is very simple to put up a google search field but maybe ning has a native search
Robbo said:
We might be able to put a search bar on the main page I know it is very simple to put up a google search field but maybe ning has a native search

There is such a function however everyone seems to miss it in the forums and photos
Chat really slowed down the load-time of the site, and never became very popular. I might have a look at it again and see if it's improved.

As for search, it's built-in:

I like the idea of changing the text of the "welcome email" to include some helpful advice re searching. I think it's possible, but some research is needed.

Edit: I just did it, but I haven't tested it. The Welcome Message each new user receives is now:

Welcome to %s! Thanks for joining.

The ASRA site lets you read news about skateboard racing, start a skateboarding blog, upload photos and videos, discuss stuff - it's all here.

One thing we ask - if you want to ask a question about boards, trucks, wheels, helmets, leathers etc., please use the search feature. It works really well, and the chances are that somebody has already asked your question and the answer is there waiting for you.

See you soon!

Cheers,
The ASRA Team
Sounds good to me Bugs.
I mean have this inside the borders of the main page rather then at the top right which nobody sees because they immediately scroll down. I have a 26" screen so the search bar is a full 6" off the main screen. To me thats a stupid place to have a search, the bigger your screen gets the further away it gets

Fitz said:
Robbo said:

There is such a function however everyone seems to miss it in the forums and photos
Robbo said:
I have a 26" screen so the search bar is a full 6" off the main screen.
Holy mega manhood batman!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service