ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

ok so we already got a few spots under the belt for some serious downhilling around sydney (we all know where they are no point in advertising to the world =]) if anyone has any more spots they think might be sussed out i think its time to get those hills ridden... i for one am going to check out Galston rd this thursday, it has like 6 or 7 hairpins and some fast straights and from the shots i saw on google maps 'street level' the road surface looks good...

Views: 428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah 10.00 am sounds good! can go to either of the two I suggested but i'll call tomorrow to check with you!
Cheers!
i'll contact you tommorow phill if i "get of" school early.
A bloody good hill has been revamped... Warringah Rd. ...The hill from Beacon Hill down to May rd. shops is like a velvet carpet. BRAND NEW BITUMEN only 3 weeks old... there is still a bit of bitumen crumble around the edges though... problem is that it's a very busy street, but bombable after dark...a pretty quick hill I should think.

A good fun ride is the ole Parriwi rd. in Mosman, running down to the spit bridge.... also BRAND NEW BITUMEN just laid a month or two ago... it's pretty mellow but a good cruise all the same... about 2 kms... I have a few other good runs that I've discovered around the lower North Shore... but I'm in it for a laugh, not for the hospital... Me and my mates have a good run that takes about 15-20 mins from top to bottom with a STA bus pick-up to ferry you back to the top, that's a good intermediate run.

Ever checked out that business park in Belrose... it has some cracking runs... good after dark- with a really good high speed hill ( one way street too..) BOMB IT.
Attention Mid Week New Territory Scouts (Jacko and Bugs)
This looks interesting. I believe it is an access road. Topography looks like it drops 100m over a 1km. Nice hairpins. The road looks like it goes for 2 - 3km but flattens out at the end when it straightens out.
It's at the foot of Blue Mountains

is there an address of this? google street view? topographic maps with contours for gradients?

Hop said:
Attention Mid Week New Territory Scouts (Jacko and Bugs)
This looks interesting. I believe it is an access road. Topography looks like it drops 100m over a 1km. Nice hairpins. The road looks like it goes for 2 - 3km but flattens out at the end when it straightens out. It's at the foot of Blue Mountains

Nice hill. Still looks like its got a bit to go down after the bendy bits.
Intersting to see what the surface is like. Massive road to broom,could be a goer.
go on google maps street view and search for "sir bertram dr loftus nsw"

just out of sydney and looks pretty sick. not too sure of the gradient but looks alright
its not really... too much traffic and no lights for night... if your keen for a night run lit up by high-beams from follow cars get to akuna bay rd near church point... its fun and fast
dude i just looked at that on google earth and that looks mad

Bugs said:
Today somebody mentioned to me that Wakehurst Parkway is a good spot, and freshly re-paved.
the whakehurst parkway is not a skateboarding road... there are downhill sections on it but its not worth it as they are not long enough to be interesting and are swarmed with traffic... if you were to ride it i would say you would have to be skilled enough to handle your shit with the traffic, but if you are at that level to handle that sort of road you wouldnt skate it anyway because there are other roads than that to get your kicks on
ITS ANOTHER CASPIAN!!!!!!! woah

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service