ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

What are the important things to look for?
Do they have inbuilt pards for Knees, Elbows and other areas.

is 1 peice better than jacket and pants?

Any other pointers. Are MTB downhill helmets ok?

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish to disagree with you guys about the 1 or 2 piece. I was at the finish line at Newtons with Marcus when Will Stevenson came over the line with his smashed elbow. He had a single piece suit that he didn't want cut off him (cost him 1500 Pounds!!!!!) so we had to try to get it off him. I have never heard a man scream like that in my life!!!!! When I got home I bought a good quality 2 piece so that when I crash (not IF but WHEN) it'll be easier to get off. A good quality suit will not pull apart in a crash as the zips have to pass separation tests. I figure if I hit hard enough for my leathers to seperate I will too.

Not sure about the MTB helmets, I like the idea that my helmet is rated for crashing on hard surfaces and is therefore given a DOT or Snell rating, just gives me a little more confidence.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

A-Drain
Yes ado is exactly right i have had both 1 and 2 piece and the 2 piece are zippered together . They are much easier to get off and on when you need it !! I was one off the people getting Wills leathers off for the ambulance men . it took a good 5 mins and some very painfull moments for Will ,who was one tough SOAB ..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service