ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The alternative to the Aussie thread on Silverfishlongboarding

Tags: Aussie, Oi

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is pretty much the exact reason i got mine. its light, better visibility, and has a flip up visor. i really got the shits with a sealed visor on my 661.

Robbo said:
One advantage an ICARO has is that it feels good on your head and if it feels good then you skate better and you crash less.

By feels good I mean it feels light the wear so you skate with better balance and avoid severe neck damage in a crash, it is aero so it has less air pockets to distract you and you are less likely to be buffeted sideways or frontways from a gust of wind, and finally it has a factory visor which can be lifted if you lose vision from a dark area or fog up. Jacko is right about a BMX helmet giving you better impact protection for less cost but you will lose out a bit in some other areas.

bang for buck I would recommend getting a BMX helmet. However the skyrunner is a good helmet with a proper visor and I would get it just for the visor alone.
Yes I totally agree with All about the safety i know it would be more safer a dh mountain bike helmet, it was the exact thing Ash just said about not being able to flip up the visor more visibility there basically the main things that i get really twitchy about when i have it on like claustrophobia and i have tried so many times to stick a tinted visor into my 661 because i just feel more comfortable with a tint in for some reason and yer I'm always doing the last minute adjustments when I'm starting to roll to feel more comfortable so i don't get distracted. But yes i totally agree with the fact there would be more safety but just the little things that really pings me off like what Ash and Robbo said.

Haggy I actually found it on eBay it is still listed I'm pretty sure
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Icaro-2000-Skyrunner-Plus-Hang-gliding-helme...|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Ash said:
That is pretty much the exact reason i got mine. its light, better visibility, and has a flip up visor. i really got the shits with a sealed visor on my 661.
Robbo said:
One advantage an ICARO has is that it feels good on your head and if it feels good then you skate better and you crash less.

By feels good I mean it feels light the wear so you skate with better balance and avoid severe neck damage in a crash, it is aero so it has less air pockets to distract you and you are less likely to be buffeted sideways or frontways from a gust of wind, and finally it has a factory visor which can be lifted if you lose vision from a dark area or fog up. Jacko is right about a BMX helmet giving you better impact protection for less cost but you will lose out a bit in some other areas.

bang for buck I would recommend getting a BMX helmet. However the skyrunner is a good helmet with a proper visor and I would get it just for the visor alone.
then just build a visor you can flip up? on the helmet you bought im sure it came with one of those sun-visor things which u take off. Otherwise the helmet will have holes to attach one of those visors on. So when you make a visor for your helmet just put little tabs on it and put bolts through it and attach it to those holes... i think Nicko did something like that he has posted up photos somewhere
yeah, it was really really easy. Honestly.
If you need more info just PM me. Iv'e also seen people use icaro visors for bell drop's (my helmet). There was a huge thread about the helmet and its advantages over icaro's etc. Look it up. Most of this has already been covered.
ohh for sure that could be worth wild doing that and then even the tint would stick to it better, not getting caught trying to slide it in to the visor.
Yer if any of those icaro's helmets or a charly visor fitted a 661 comp that would be so sweet but yer i doubt it probs have to drill like new holes to fit them because the screw position is way lower on those helmets for the visor
nick u should post up those pics again
So i need to ask one quick question so instead of making 30 forums about my one question i'm going to post here (hint hint to new memebers)
I just got some 10mm bear trucks and forgot about the hardware that would need to be 10mm like speed rings i tried to find some in a local store but of course they dont have them there hopeless?
Hopshop has 10mm speed rings, 10mm spacers and 10mm bearings.
Landyachtz 10mm speed rings
Spacers are not online yet, will be in a day or so.

Joe said:
So i need to ask one quick question so instead of making 30 forums about my one question i'm going to post here (hint hint to new memebers)
I just got some 10mm bear trucks and forgot about the hardware that would need to be 10mm like speed rings i tried to find some in a local store but of course they dont have them there hopeless?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service