ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Pics by Patrick Switzer from LBHaven. http://www.lbhaven.com

New features this year (I told him what they were and he translated the whole thing to an understandable English haha!!)

- 2008 models have a bamboo bottom ply with new graphic
- Devil's Toy models are still being made as well (Revenger and Smoothcut only)
- Smoothcut's are 10ply
- All drop thru's except the smoothcut and hairpin are under flush mount
- The Revenger is drilled new and old skool

Switchback (same concave as a Hairpin)

Comishin (underflush)

How to turn a mistake into a new sweet deck:

Some shots from Kebbek HQ

This is what he wrote about Kebbek:
"I'm honored to have this opportunity to first hand get an appreciation for just how
much work there is put into making a longboard.

Kebbek's standards are high and their reputation even higher."

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quidjam said:
BR>
Another point: the Hairpin is NOT a DH board, I would not suggest you hit over 60km/h with that, at least your name is Brunson and you are crazy. As it name says, it is more a board to practice technical corners at moderate speed, perform stand up slides (with the crazy concave) and carve around. Finally, as Bugs was saying, the wheelbase is a lot shorter, which means it is more unstable at higher speed.

I like the overall feel of my Hairpins and 60km would be about my limit. Originally I had it set up with Force C7, red Khiro's and 90mm fly's. I found this to be a great rolling board and super stable, however not turny enough. I have since sold these trucks and wheels. I am considering putting my Holey's and speed vents on it and giving it another try once my slide gloves arrive. Also I will rig up some form of back foor stop, something to push back against, as this was the one area I felt uncomfortable with.

Quidjam, I would appreciate some info on how guys and gals set up their Hairpins decks over there, what trucks and wheels, do they wedge the front truck etc
Usually some RII (Holeys are even better) and soft wheels in 70ish mm, 70ish durometer. I would try the Grippins (70mm) in 78a. I love those wheels (and they are center set, an advantage if you have an habit of destroying wheels). If you use bigger wheels, it makes it pretty high to push, not the best for city cruising and smooth carving. I have to admit I am a freak when it comes to board height, I don't like topmounts with 1/2" risers, feels like I am doing some "stair" cardio or something when I push!!!

I have set up the hairpins again.. Quidjam, the signature on my deck is Ed Limitee, what is his involvement with this deck, do you Know?
It is a limited edition (=Édition Limitée in French), Ian makes some LE sometimes (he made 35 JimZ, 75 Comishin, 18 or 19 Hairpin on that serie). It is weird it is written /18, I swear I have seen some /19. Anyway. It means there is only this quantity of deck out there and no other will be made. Take care of it (if you believe in LE decks!!!) or ride it hard if you believe this is what a deck is for. I only know 2 other person who have one, Ian sent them all over the world. And it looks like a sweet set up you've got there, I'd love to try it on sharp hairpins!
Thanks for the explanation. I am goning to ride it as it it is set up in the pic and If I like it, will buy another deck and retire this one back to my wall. After just a quick spin on my flat street in the dark, it certainly feels more responsive than the previous setup i had on it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service