ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

From http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/roadrules/2008nswrrulech...

Wheeled recreational devices are not to be used on a road with a dividing line or median strip or on a road with a speed limit greater than 50km per hour (previously the speed limit was 60km per hour).

A person must not travel in or on a wheeled recreational device or wheeled toy that is being towed by a vehicle. A person travelling in or on a wheeled recreational device or toy must also not hold on to a vehicle while it is moving or travel within 2 metres of the rear of a moving vehicle.

(Skateboards are classified as "wheeled recreational devices".)

The 50 km/h limit might be the thing that makes skateboarding illegal at Mt Panorama (I'm assuming the speed limit there is 60).

Tags: laws, mt panorama, rules, skitching, speed limits

Views: 1835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Law makers are dicks ... Obviously have no idea ...... ASRA needs a lobbyist .....
it must be a qld thing didnt they book a dude up there riding his horse home pissed?they dont have enough crime up there
The latest update concerning Youtube Matt Ryan is in the Courier Mail - Matt was found guilty of “dangerous operation of a vehicle”.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24640540-952,00.html

This surprises me as I was fairly sure that there’s no way a skateboard could be considered a vehicle. Is there anybody who was at the Magistrate’s hearing or who has more information then that contained in the Courier Mail article?
JudgeK said:
From reading the newspaper article it would seem that skateboards are now deemed vehicles..

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. The newspaper may have it wrong, or there may be other details that distinguish this case.
JudgeK said:
From reading the newspaper article it would seem that skateboards are now deemed vehicles
Not in NSW, we're all still illegal aliens on illegal contraptions. In NSW its like prohibition, I own 20 illegal pieces of wood that if brought out of my house and touch the rd i can be charged.
JudgeK said:
You will find yourself very lucky to come across a cop willing to turn a blind eye or be lenient in any way these days

Had a good run in with the Feds outside of Canberra about 6 weeks ago, cool as. At the bottom of a 10km run they asked us very politely if we could start a little bit further up the hill. They wanted us to finish a bit earlier but didn't want to shorten the run on us. If that was in NSW it would have been "hands on the car boys".
how bout that time at the gong when the police pulled us up through the flat section and told us we needed to speed up coz we were going too slow and holding up traffic...?
Then when i bombed the bottom section and flew past the RBT in clear view of the coppers doing about 85 and when we turned around to go up the hill they flagged us down with Dan driving and freakin out coz he had no license on him and thought we were going to get done and they said: "dude that was sick! how fast were u going?"

and yes that happend in NSW....
however at the same time i got fined $55 for riding on the road once... which is legit but the cops were being assholes about it and nearly ran me off the road to try and get me to stop, i was only doing about 20k's
My 5yr old son got a police showbag at the Glebe Street Fair last week (I searched and searched but could not find the novelty piggy nose anywhere..).

Anyway it had an RTA (NSW) brochure outlining the law re bikes, scooters and skateboards. The upshot was skateboards are fine on the footpath or on minor roads, which it defined as roads without lane markings.

Interestingly "scooters" which I guess would include razor scooters are defined more as bikes and only allowed on the road, not the footpath, unless you are under 12 yo or supervising a rider under 12 yo. I'd like to see a few Razor Scooter riders mixing it up with the peak hour traffic on Parramatta Road!
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24535102-952,00.html
Is it just me or does anyone else reckon the guy filming sounds like Trent from Punchy?
A thought just occurred to me:
Does the "dangerous operation of a vehicle" charge refer to the skateboard or the chase car?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service