ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Gday folks,Just looking at setting up a new board,ive only ridden top mounts and im not looking at breaking any speed records nothing over 30 to 40 kays. Im looking at more of a carving style general purpose set up.

My thoughts were maybe a Kebbek Hairpin,Holeys or maybe Grizzlys and pink or lime BigZigs.
Im 6ft3 85kgs size 11 feet.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Tim

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I reckon stick to basic materials if the board is to be a general purpose, even go a nose bone to stop ply splitting. Wood can always be cut into a new shape if the nose and tail get real beaten up. Keep it simple and enjoy it, exotic decks are cool but need to be treated with a bit more care, but then again if you can afford to trash the exotics go for it
Robbo said:
a double kick board or a pool deck at $80 a deck and ridden at 25km/h is made to be smashed, a carbon fiber board at $250 and ridden at 90km/h is not. Smash a bit of epoxy resin or carbon on an already thin board and you got a weak spot, that weak spot may show up at 90km/h.

yeh but i didnt pay for it so its all good =)
tim said:
Fastracks look good,what angle they?And can you flip em?
Cheers Tim

They're 50 degrees, and they are flippable - they are much lower when flipped.
G,day Tim , ive just started dh about 2 months ago and i love my dseed,im 6,2 and 95kgs everyones right about the lenght of the dseed for street runs but like most decks u adjust ya syle,I had open book pelvis fracture from a bike crash and have trouble with getting low but the dseed has the length to accomadate my stance,as for carving i loosen my king pins till they rattle when rideing !but it so stable it all good ,but if ya want a street deck ya cant go past loadeds dervish or vangard sic street decks .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service