ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I finally went over to my local netball court/complex. Friends have told me its good but after I went there for some secret practice I realised they lied. Its frikken unreal!!

The surface is super clean and smooth not to metion ultra grippy. With some practice I reckon you could even run Lemons Zigs on the back with Orange Zigs on the front.

It's tiered between courts going east to west which means there are built in start ramps.
Just the ticket to boost into a tight set.

I had a straight course of 27 cones set in an arc leading off the ramp at 6ft for the first 15 then where it straightened I set them into 5ft until the end.
You could also have a series of cones setup on the higher court leading into the steeper ramp.
I don't have enough cones for that though. I skated in from the 3rd tier up and pumped up so much speed! Surprised myself by getting a clean run after more than a few attempts.

Tags: Cronulla, Miranda, Netball, Racing, Shire, Skateboard, Slalom, courts

Views: 63

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, this place rocks! I've done it from the top tier, with cones all the way to the bottom tier. It ends up being a big fast GS. Next CoS I reckon. Netball season ends about now I think.
Fitz, the vid that Jacko posted is sick. I love the bit were you both mack past Robbo... Jacko does a fake grab at the cam, while you just do a 'get that shit out of here' wave... Its awesome stuff.

Right, back to business. - I'm keen to get better at slalom. I also have cones. 25 of the expensive little things.
- If you're going to ride slalom in the near future give us a bell.

Thanks mate
Cool man,
I've got about 28 cones I'm borrowing from a friend.
Next time I plan on going I'll let you know for sure. 50 conathon would be rad!
Name the day and I'm there. It's my old home town.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service