ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I have been through the sales figures for the website and skateshop in 2009 and put together a list of the best selling longboard and downhill gear. I hope it starts as many arguments as it resolves.
Visit the Hopkin Skate Blog for more detailed information.

Most popular general longboard
1. Loaded Dervish.
2. Rayne Hustler.

Most popular downhill longboard
1. Omni Drop 43.
2. Rayne Nemesis.
3. Rayne Demonseed.
4. Rayne Killswitch.
5. Rayne Hellcat.
6. Landyachtz Evo.

Most popular longboard truck
1. Paris 180 .
2. Bear Grizzly 852.
3. Randal 180.

Most popular longboard wheel
1. Orangatang inHeat
2. Orangatang 4Presidents
3. Retro Big Zigs
4. Orangatang Stimulus
5. Orangatang Durian
6. Retro Zig Zags

Most popular Bushings
1. Venom.
2. Reflex.
3. Khiro.

Most Popular Bearing
1. Bones red

Most Popular Slide Glove
1. Loaded Slide
2. Landyachtz Slide
3. Loaded Race

That is the Hopshop Awards for 2009. I hope it starts lots of arguments about what is the best product on the market. Maybe it will help some skateshops with what they could be putting on their shelves in 2010.

Tags: awards, best, hopshop, most, popular, selling

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a interesting read, thanks for posting.

Is there quite a noticeable difference with the Omni Drop and the other 'premium' decks?
the noticeable difference is how many people bought one! at $160 for the deck its arguably one of the cheapest downhill decks on the market
Comes down to the affordability I would say Cameron, with the omni drop being the most popular downhill board. It is a bargain downhill board that everyone loves, though you do get what you pay for with the othe popular downhill boards thats for sure. I would like to see other skate shops statistics compared with each other......
Also Omni do only one downhill deck. If they did six different types of downhill decks you would find the sales are evenly distributed. That is what I was saying about Rayne and Landyachtz in my blog post. All the Rayne downhill decks sell in equal quantities. Each deck fits in a nice niche in the downhill world.
We also sell a lot of those Omni's as longboards. It sells well as a longboard cruiser, has a lowered platform, nicely wedged so it can be turny.
In 2010 it will be interesting to see who dominates downhill in Australia. We defintely sold more Rayne downhill decks in 2009 than any other manufacturer. Maybe I should have had a most popular manufacturers award. Landyachtz are gearing up for a big year, they might be hard to stop!!
Also Early will have completes in the shops soon, so that could be a big winner in 2010.
WOO HOO OMNI !! Hope everyone that bought one enjoyed it !!!!
gabby's first DH board was an OMNI, also the Germans got OMNIs when they were in town and bombed some sydney runs on them. also Sweedish Gabe got one as his first DH board too and bombed keirra and Dorrigo on it.

Trav said:
go Omni, such a nice all-round board. I think you're right Hop about it being used largely as a cruiser as i haven't seen anyone else yet at a Sydney DH sesh riding one...... ?
Oh I meant besides the price of the Omni being around $100 less.....but is the quality there? Or how it feels compared to riding a Landy or a Rayne?
Or is it priced for what it is, an entry downhill/beginner deck?
OMNI !!
I WANT MOAR CONCAVE!!!

This board is world class. More concave and it could be king.

More longboards from omni would also be pretty cool. A couple more shapes.
Omni deck needs to be stiffer to
Omni tell me they are working on a new longboard. Not downhill, but general category.
if you wanna know more about sales from 2009, check out the Hopkin Skate blog.
http://www.hopkin.com.au/blog/?p=144&utm_source=feedburner&...
this is the 2009 HopShop awards in more detail, and is defiantely an interesting read!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service