ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

As I write there are 899 members of this website. 

Who's willing to estimate a date for the 1,000th member to join? I'm guessing March 16.

Should there be a party? It seems like a milestone.

Tags: meta

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Feb 9th
Charts say 5th feb 2011.
If I register at moth. Will my membership accure to the next period? Or end on 30 june.
Robert Le said:
If I register at moth. Will my membership accure to the next period? Or end on 30 june.

Financial memberships expire on June 30 of the subsequent calendar year. So all people who join in 2011 will have their memberships expire on June 30, 2011.
But this has nothing to do with membership of this web site - they're totally separate things.
47 in the last 7 days, 28 to go.

Hi Robbo,

I have been reading through this discussion (1000 members) and saw some things that interested me.
I am a financial member and agree that everyone that is part of this wonderful site should be as well to help increase the political push and to show we are serious about the great sports this great site encourages.

You mentioned one of the benefits of being a paid member was events put on by ASRA this means Newtons Nation as in the comment made to me the other day this is the only event ASRA do on their own bat. This is an area that ASRA should be really pushing ahead on.

I didn’t know about the 10% off at the Hop Shop either as it is not listed in any of the info About ASRA. Perhaps a section called Benefits of Paid Membership or, What You Get For Your Money, for the younger members, on a tab under the About ASRA where you can list what people get for their membership would encourage more to fork out their hard earned.
Also are the financial reports available for the paid members to access, if so could I get a copy please?

Minutes of meetings, are they available for paid members to see what happens at the AGM and any other General meetings that have taken place? As a paid member I would like to be aware of what is happening at meetings and to money paid to the association..

If you guys want this association to be taken seriously then these are issues that should be explained in more detail as the rights of paid members. This should get more paid members involved in how the association is run and what direction the association is headed, thus making your jobs a little easier.

I am not saying that you aren’t doing a good job but there are a few issues that will raise their heads by people that have been in associations, clubs, etc before so why not spread the joy.

By the way I would be happy to pay the extra for membership to include insurance and feel this would be the best way of knowing who is paid up and who is not, and this would definitely get more to pay for membership even at the estimated $100/year that is still only around $2/week for the Groms to save, cheap compared to the hospital bills their parents will need to fork out.

My Guess and what I reckon is ASRA will have 1000 Paid members by the end of this year 2011.
Keep up the awesome job you guys are doing and those of you that haven’t paid save you money and do it.

I'd join up if you did all that crap Shane just said

he only just reminded me of the 10% discount. 

You only have to buy $300 worth of things off the hopshop and your membership is making you money. I've spent atleast $150 this year already, so if i was a member i would be half done. 

I think i'll probably be a member anyway but its a very good idea. Most people don't even know you can be a 'paid up member'

Looks like it'll be Jan 31.

Shane Madeley said:

Also are the financial reports available for the paid members to access, if so could I get a copy please?

Minutes of meetings, are they available for paid members to see what happens at the AGM and any other General meetings that have taken place? As a paid member I would like to be aware of what is happening at meetings and to money paid to the association..

Wish you luck with this one, mate. No one who has brought this up in the last year has had any luck other than strange political type replies LOL

And less than 10% are financial members......

Robbo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service