ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Yeah with everyone getting into filming any ideas on what direction the cam world is heading.
Just shooting the breeze here but how far have those mini petrol driven cars gone ahead in specs.What sort of suspension do they have and would it be good enough the handle the bumps at speed.Custom make up a model car with cam/sound/stereo whatever and have a new little buddy on the hill .Full filming drone shit.But current moment i rekon the neck cam is a front runner.

Bug cam link, full bug.

http://www.methodshop.com/2007/10/insect-spies.shtml.

Views: 62

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The use of remote helicopter cams seems fairly common place these days in cinema. So in a couple years price comes down and we'll have one chasing us down Bathurst
theres a whole bunch of ideas that always get thrown around about how and where to rig cameras for follow cam, but in the end i rekon the best stuff will always be taken from a rider... that way you can really get the feel like your there in the action, and you can always rig cameras to riders and boards. you can do the whole stick cam scenario with the pole strapped to the back of the rider and camera facing backwards on them, rig the camera to the board facing forwards/backwards, get a small lightweight magic arm and rig a lipstick camera to it and mount the magic arm off the rail of the board facing forwards/backwards or even at the rider, do the old helmet POV cam, or even just the good old hand cam... i think thats the best way to controll the angle of the shot without having to deal with cameras all over the place and other robots to get right in the action and risk getting in the way of the riders. theres even small 'steady cam' rigs for handy cams that absorb vibrations and will always keep cameras steady which can also help in getting good shots, something like this http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/acatalog/info_263.html i rekon thats gonna be my next new toy...

but thats just my opinion
There's a guy that lives in my street that I've seen flying his remote-control helicopter around. I asked him about it once and he said he was testing it to see if it could carry a video camera to film his RocketCar Days.

While I was watching he crashed the helicopter a few times, so I guess he gave up on the idea for a while.
the batcam used at bathust during the 1000 is the shit super expensive but would be fuckin awesome for newtons
yeh dude when you start talkin big dollars then the ideas start poppin... for newtons next yr i wanna see a zipline over the top of conrod straight following down the action, lots of cranes and jibs on the main corners like the dipper and the elbow and a whole shitload of precisely placed cameras on the course... particularly RedOne cameras.... that would just be awsome
yeah man i think we should start getting a team together now rather than later regarding newtons 09 , im sure there will be a million people pushing for shot at filmimg it next year , with my contacts and yours jacko i think we could put together a kick ass production (thats if you want to work with me thats is lol) the red epic will be out by then and the sacrlet and of cource all the other camera companys will have their answer to the red by then also

Jacko said:
yeh dude when you start talkin big dollars then the ideas start poppin... for newtons next yr i wanna see a zipline over the top of conrod straight following down the action, lots of cranes and jibs on the main corners like the dipper and the elbow and a whole shitload of precisely placed cameras on the course... particularly RedOne cameras.... that would just be awsome
We already got bug cam on our 1st visit to Batho. U were buggin b4 we left, then u bugged the 2nd night(still can't believe I didn't goto gaol drivin u to the hospitol) but then u discharged yourself and put up the fastest speed on Conrod I've seen EVER! We need more bug cams
sounds like a good idea jacko and pitbull. I'll definitely be making an appearance at Newtons next year and would love to help you guys out.
Full Bug , man bug , love bug ......... bugged out

Jogger said:
We already got bug cam on our 1st visit to Batho. U were buggin b4 we left, then u bugged the 2nd night(still can't believe I didn't goto gaol drivin u to the hospitol) but then u discharged yourself and put up the fastest speed on Conrod I've seen EVER! We need more bug cams
Just got prices for a actual helicopter ( same madman that did batho car race this year ) not that bad price wize i have to say
kookyfish said:
Hi all , just thought Id bring up the (wire cam) has anyone mentioned that yet.

i think thats what Jacko means. its called Flycam. http://www.flycam.com.au/, check the first video on that page.
Yaeh they call it a batcam or flycam , if there are any rich kids out there check this shit out http://www.draganfly.com/
leighgriffiths said:
kookyfish said:
Hi all , just thought Id bring up the (wire cam) has anyone mentioned that yet.

i think thats what Jacko means. its called Flycam. http://www.flycam.com.au/, check the first video on that page.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service