ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I reckon if we got organised we could do a round later in the year, similar to what Canberra had. Ditch racing on Sat at Springvale and Cones on Sunday.

What do you all think, obviously I will put this up on CDS as well, for the guys that aren't here yet.

Maybe late November, I'm only suggesting this as the weather is a little better and will be more comfortable for our northern friends, plus the ditch would be dry.

Your thoughts gentlemen please

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Fletch,

I reckon that going for Round 1 of Conehead Cup, in March might be easier to get and to organise.
That way it co-incides with MOSS JAM, and pretty much guarantees a lot of people (and volunteers) visiting from all over the country.

The Naccos folks have to drive for about 12 hours, SOSS about 9 hours, and almost everyone else flys in.

With cost of travel these days, to get people to travel down here we need to give them a pretty full weekend of skating, finishing with the slalom on Sunday, like last year.

I think that Springvale ditch could also be included in the conehead cup points, like Ainslie.
yeh i like that idea... the MOSS JAM earlier on this year was pretty fun. they had a really good venue for head to head racing in the arvo. the only prob was they had to jam the ditch race and the slalom race both in the one day so if you spread it out you could have a rad event...
I agree, with both comments above, If it was to be in March, maybe we should move it to the long weekend. Bowl jam Sat, Ditch Sunday and Slalom maybe on the monday at Essendon for a quick escape for our interstaters.

As Jacko says 2 slalom evnts on the one day may not be ideal timewise. Is only suggestions at this stage, but would be great to be part of the CC09
2009…yeah! A ditch race and a slalom, on separate days. The MOSS Jam race spot was good, but don’t give up looking for something longer and steeper!
We still got the Moss masters running this year last sunday of the month alternating bowl / slalom each month which we could keep going till march, had word from braden the other day that the caribean indy estate has just gone and hot mixed 2 new roads as its next expantion stage, saw the roads at dirt stage they will be longer than essendon and quite a lot steeper and the cherry would have to be very close to springy.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service