ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just saw the ad for Channel Seven news for tomorrow (Thursday 21st April).

Looks like Channel Sevem is doing a hackett job on downhill skateboarding tomorrow. I haven't got time to rip and upload the video of the ad so here are the words:

[start ad]

Motorist BEWARE!!!

High speed thrill seekers putting your life and theirs at risk.

(Jacko sound bite) Every road we skate is illegal to ride.

Why Sydney is now the hotspot of this dangerous sport.

Who is pushing the boundaries of safety and the law?

On Seven News tomorrow at 6.

[end ad]

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

F**K YOU FOXTEL! I sorry I raged, I couldn't watch it and I'm in a bad mood :/

Where can we see this video if we missed it!

here is the link if you missed the show!!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/

i think that it is pretty okay but that is my opinion.

Probably time for longboarders to edit out the double line action shots from their online vids, because those hero vids give the cops an enormous amount of evidence.

I wonder if the Police warning on fines has been backed up by some legal research, as to what charges they intend to use.  If so it would be good to see the legal opinions.

I'm glad to have been proven (mostly) wrong - that was a surprisingly different line from what the advertising indicated.

I despise commercial television a fraction less...

I reckon there will be some groms copping it from their parents tonight after seeing that gnar.

Its all about skating within your own limits and learning the basics first!!!!!!!!

Like Jake, when I was 15 they came down very heavy on skating also, but then we had a few deaths back in the 70's.

one was a mate of mine who rolled down his driveway into the path of a car, an easy mistake for a 14yo to make. 

Skating on roads back then was not anywhere as big or as fast as it is today.

Most of us used to hit carparks and ditches for most of the time, and when we did skate roads, we did not publish the fact that we did it (which is probably one benefit of skating in an age before digital video cameras and internet!), so anti skating road rules were not really given much thought.

Right now there are limited roads that can be used.

With all the vids and cops and journos thinking about it, there is a very real risk that those roads could also be legislated away from skating.

So like I said above.....time to modify the hero vids, cause without the evidence, it never happened.

No its not.

Its all about skating on roads with cars, breaking road rules, and taking risks.

Harley Baker said:

Its all about skating within your own limits and learning the basics first!!!!!!!!

yes because thats not what got us the attention in the first place.

bernie said:

No its not.

Its all about skating on roads with cars, breaking road rules, and taking risks.

Harley Baker said:

Anyone know who it is grabbing stinkbug in the picture above the Extreme DANGER heading?
Very good report in my opinion. The public knows its a growing sport with no legal facilities and that we are in control.
I think next time compare it to other extreme sports and find out how do skaters put drivers at risk? Is it because they make a quick decision and cause an accident?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service