ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey did you ride a banana board or a Hosoi Hammerhead??
Show us the stuff that rocked your socks.

Views: 4357

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome board Tim! I know of the zip zinger, but that board looks a little wider, plus its nose is more of a kick too.

Dylan, good score man! that thing is an antique. 0.0

Youre not going to use those Vision wheels are you Brad? They look mint.
Dam that looks mean!

bernie said:

Retro advert
My board from 74
Attachments:

Here is Colins board from above. Thought Id embed it.

My board from this era had loose bearings. You lubed them with graphite. :D
Sometimes you rode without the full number of bearings in the wheels.
Yer this runs loose bearings...I also have a Hang Ten from the same era that has never been used, still brand new! Ill post a pic soon!

matty leadfoot said:

Here is Colins board from above. Thought Id embed it.

My board from this era had loose bearings. You lubed them with graphite. :D
Sometimes you rode without the full number of bearings in the wheels.

just wondering if anyone knows whether its possible to get a roller skate plate, cut off just the trucks and mount them on a board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYMAKER-Quad-Roller-Skate-Plates-10-1-2-Compl...

something like this

Sure,.... thats how kids first came up with skateboards.

As you can see, the hanger is super narrow, it will be pretty turny I reckon.

yeah i was just wondering how i'd do it, since the two trucks are attached to a plate and it doesnt look like the trucks itself can easily come off the plate, so i'd have to cut the plate wouldnt I?

Those plates have some kind of block up one end, dunno what it is,... would hope its removeable, you want it to sit flat.

All I would do is cut them in the middle and make some holes for the hardware . Retro skate plates were sometimes flat plates (would be easier than those raised composite plates) and they normally used a triangle bolt pattern (Id think about somehow doing it with four bolts even if they are in-line rather than side by side)

Solid wood deck would be cool, and forget about proper bolt patterns, just make sure the trucks are mounted straight and custom drill the deck.

well, thats how Id do it

alright i'll see if i can find a plate thats flat instead

thanks for your help

This probably won't help but in the mid 60's we had roller skates with a bolt and wing nut in the middle to adjust the skate for most foot sizes. There were laces at the toe end and a leather strap for the ankle. The rich kids had skates which needed a special skate key, but that doesn't matter now. We would remove the wing nut and bolt, use dad's hammer to even out anything that stuck out and then we used nails to attach them to pieces of wood that loosely resembled skateboards. On these boards we had totally buggered dad's saw's, chisels and files. These were our first skateboards. I've actually still got a set of the roller skates you describe. They were the reason that dad's hacksaws were always blunt. I'll take them up to the HopShop to put in the relic corner.....

Nick Drummond said:

alright i'll see if i can find a plate thats flat instead

thanks for your help

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service