ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

This is the new thread for the regular sessions that our crew is having.

This is for all those wanting to hook up for a skate in the Newcastle area.

All are welcome, beginners through to pros, come have a sesh and help spread the stoke!
The crew is small but welcoming and wanting to expand.

the current regular session is:

wednesday nights 7:30pm meet at Charlestown Squares Myer carpark for some garage racing / shredding and then onto maquarie hills for some longer runs if people are keen.

The garage run is about 6 tight full spirals down into a tighter and steeper switch back at the bottom.

The Maquarie Hills run is just a 1km gentle sweeping hill max speed only being around 35km/h when not tucked, so its quite comfortable for newcomers.

Leave us a message if you want to meet up or have a new spot for us to session.

My Number is 0434149226 call me if you have any questions or would like to meet up for a skate.

Tags: charlestown, charlie, gnarly, local, murrays, newcastle, newy, sesh, session, skate

Views: 773

Replies to This Discussion

yeh sweeto, still fun though, especially the part when mum towed be up the hill at 35km, yep i might be able to come on sunday what time are you meeting and where? super keen !, thanks Oliver =)

tomtom said:
Can't make it today sorry Oliver, wish I could but I'm on arvo shift, have to work. Best way to find out about other spots is meet up with the guys on here and have a skate/chat. Phil and I will be at Murrays on Sunday if you want to come along.
Oliver; we'll be there about midday. If you want to send me your mobile number in a message i can text you when we get there, otherwise just rock up whenever. We'll be at murrays, we'll be the two noobs on skateboards, not a big place you'll see us.
sorry about having to bail before you got to murrays ollie! i was there from about 12:30-2:00 and got called into work! murrays is fucked! my first time going there, didnt know what to expect. the first drop going down i almost slid into a car coming up the hill that came out of nowhere haha. smashed my iphone screen to bits, it decided to go flying out of my pocket half way down...

i think i need to seriously start practicing sliding at higher speeds... i met up with a guy named reece in newcastle skate, talked him into bombing the hill over at bar beach with me.. didnt try to any speed checks until i got to the bottom and i got crazy wobbles before i got the chance to slide and came off going atleast 65kms+.. thank fuck for my knee pads or i wouldve destroyed another pair of my favourite jeans too.. was also on the verge of shitting my pants , not sure how fast i was going but i was overtaking downhill traffic XD
What ur nuts, you only learned to nail ur slides a few weeks back then ur doing that !!!! good on you, cant wait to sesh, probably wont throw myself down a hill like you do but i try, i will be only able to get to murrys at about 2ish on sunday so if anyone is going to be there still let us know...

Steven Rose said:
sorry about having to bail before you got to murrays ollie! i was there from about 12:30-2:00 and got called into work! murrays is fucked! my first time going there, didnt know what to expect. the first drop going down i almost slid into a car coming up the hill that came out of nowhere haha. smashed my iphone screen to bits, it decided to go flying out of my pocket half way down...

i think i need to seriously start practicing sliding at higher speeds... i met up with a guy named reece in newcastle skate, talked him into bombing the hill over at bar beach with me.. didnt try to any speed checks until i got to the bottom and i got crazy wobbles before i got the chance to slide and came off going atleast 65kms+.. thank fuck for my knee pads or i wouldve destroyed another pair of my favourite jeans too.. was also on the verge of shitting my pants , not sure how fast i was going but i was overtaking downhill traffic XD
yep supper keen , my mob is 0401389933, i can get there at about 2 ish, give us a yell when you get there, cause i have a surf life saving patrol at caves and i finish at about 1, see you there!

tomtom said:
Oliver; we'll be there about midday. If you want to send me your mobile number in a message i can text you when we get there, otherwise just rock up whenever. We'll be at murrays, we'll be the two noobs on skateboards, not a big place you'll see us.
Oliver, we'll still be there for sure mate, i'll send ya a text when we get there, cya then!

Steven, you're going to kill yourself and give us a bad name. Stay in control and progress slowly, if you cant control your speed you're going to fast. You dont want residents complaining because they almost ran you over, they'll put speed bumps in and you'll fck it for those of us who are responsible.
sorry champ i'll be considering the rest of you shredders out there next time, i dont want to be ruining it for anyone anytime soon...

on another note i spent my whole day today practicing speedchecks. first time doing them too. worked my way to some of the biggest hills in my area ( maybe about 50k's) i ate shit a few times.. as well as getting my heelside slides down, my confidence in my sliding ability has gone up a lot. + scored a free pair of lemon big zigs today off a mate so now i can slide to my hearts content with my durians and not worry about having to buy new wheels yet...
Steven; all good mate, just something to consider. We've all been there and i still do stupid shit all the time, as long as you learn from your fkups. Good to hear you're practicing your slides.
damn.. that just goes to show how easy it is for just one or two people to ruin it for everyone else.

i can do shutdown slides down murrays with no hastle, its just that i was trying to do speed checks after only learning them a few hours earlier, which was pretty stupid of me
is that how you came off on the steep side of murrays? trying to do speed checks?
yep, but on that note if the car hadn't've been coming up i would've been fine, i just freaked out and the first thing that came to my mind was BAIL!
yeah it's often the first thing to come to mind but usually the worst thing to do. btw i think you'll probably be suprised to find out you're not going as fast as you think you are, unless you have someway of measuring your speed you really have no idea. 60k's feels like 80.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service