ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

This is the new thread for the regular sessions that our crew is having.

This is for all those wanting to hook up for a skate in the Newcastle area.

All are welcome, beginners through to pros, come have a sesh and help spread the stoke!
The crew is small but welcoming and wanting to expand.

the current regular session is:

wednesday nights 7:30pm meet at Charlestown Squares Myer carpark for some garage racing / shredding and then onto maquarie hills for some longer runs if people are keen.

The garage run is about 6 tight full spirals down into a tighter and steeper switch back at the bottom.

The Maquarie Hills run is just a 1km gentle sweeping hill max speed only being around 35km/h when not tucked, so its quite comfortable for newcomers.

Leave us a message if you want to meet up or have a new spot for us to session.

My Number is 0434149226 call me if you have any questions or would like to meet up for a skate.

Tags: charlestown, charlie, gnarly, local, murrays, newcastle, newy, sesh, session, skate

Views: 773

Replies to This Discussion

haha yeah i figured that out yesterday, i had a rough guess that i was doing maybe 75 at murrays, but after doing the straight down bar beach i realised that was a hell of a lot faster than murrays. but i supposed those bends also gave me a little more confidence with my slides too and i found it alot easier to handle.
tonight is back on, 730ish at charlies and then tomomorrow with sydndey bomb squad. there are still a couple seats in the car for tomorrow if you're on the way.
well tonight was sick, even if security did move us along early, plenty of fun had out at maquarie hills too., was loving my new glyde!
the 15k push home was nothing!!! (11k's to toronto then another 4 to toronto west). most of the road was rough as guts, i was happy to have hit the home stretch which was just downhill. told you guys i'd do it :-P
hey phil are you guys hitting murrys today, if you are send me a text and il be there!, and can i also ask, tom where did you buy ur slippery dip slide pucks! thanks heaps, hope to hear from you!
Nah we wont be at murrays today Oliver, I might be free during the week though if your keen for a skate. Have a look here for Slippery dip slide pucks;

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/forum/topics/slippery-dip-slide-...
nah cant skate during the week cause im back at school, but im might be able to sesh after school one day, can i get ur number? thanks

tomtom said:
Nah we wont be at murrays today Oliver, I might be free during the week though if your keen for a skate. Have a look here for Slippery dip slide pucks;

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/forum/topics/slippery-dip-slide-...
yeah, i'm working all week but i'll be free after about 3pm. accept my friend request and i'll send you my number.
wednesday night is on, bring it!

we have some new ideas for spots in town! hopefully will develop into some sessionable locations.
hey phil, checked out the new part of market town going up, its only basement carparking and nothing worth skating., spotlight is ok except the exit at the bottom is a bit sketchy.. there's also a half decent looking carpark (maybe 5 stories?)down the road a bit from the panthers club which i'm going to go check out tomorrow since im free.. i'm going to scout around newcastle and surrounding suburbs and any buildings that look like they have some decent carparks.. if i have more time i'll definately go around looking for some mellow hills, newcastle is starting to get more interesting for us!
What time you going for a cruise Steve? If you're still around in the afternoon I might come for a ride.
Nice work steve, is that beside the Newcastle perm building? There is also one on Bolton street near the court house.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service