ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Yep, only 13 weeks to Newton's Nation, no one knows how much public tickets will be as there is still no band line up, no news on on when rego will open or how much to register and no answers to requests for information.

Last year was a pretty good year, the festival sucked as far as marketing was concerned and that looks like repeating itself. With rumours of a North American race in place of Kierra as that is still "tentative" and no news from anyone, ASRA, IGSA, Newton's Nation, with anything definite what sort of year are we in for this year?

It has to be a nightmare for Internationals, some of whom we have spoken to, who are now not sure when or if to buy flights and for the first race of the season in the Worlds I hope more of them do not decide to miss it.

Anyone able to enlighten us with anything definate, that doesn't envolve "waiting for..." "maybe" or "very soon" ?

I'd like to race this year and also provide the Sports Therapy package for everyone but as a business 13 weeks is cutting it bloody fine for information to be released on soemthing that has had a date for months.

Views: 931

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Newtons is on as it always has been.

Keira is well and truly on! It got held up for 2 months by a green tree frog, a carpark, and a junior council planner even thought the entire council voted unanimously for it in November as did the traffic committee consisting of a state government rep, the police and the RTA in October last year. We only got the full go-ahead 3 days ago.

These events will happen and as usual they will be the best run events on the IGSA calender. I will release the full details of both events on or around Tuesday next week. I don't like to roll things out half arsed and I'm punching out 18hr days at work at the moment so with Bugs overseas for 6 weeks its gonna take me a week to tie up the loose ends and get all the details rolled out for people.

For internationals that need information the best thing to do is to contact the people that run the event which is me - not Hanks Place. I'm sure these guys are not having nightmares over this, they all know its on and they will be at the events because they know ASRA is running them and it will be the richest leg on the IGSA world tour.

So be happy people, Australia will be the only country to have 2 world cups in the same year and ASRA is the only group to man up and put 2 of these ridiculously complicated, horrendously time consuming, and incredibly expensive shows on at the same time

Now we are all a little wiser, kinda, I'll clarify why I posted this and why it has been so important for us:

Last year there was a fair amount of publicity (though still not enough) about the event as a whole months before the actual "kick off" This enabled us to contact various companies we do business with and show them the event and how it was shaping and on the back of that were able to offer a small riders bag to all and free products for those who signed to our therapy package....unable to do that this year as we have not been able to not only show any advertising or marketing from Newton's Nation but have been unable to even give a rego date so as to estimate the amount of takers on our package 2 months to the date of the event (the companies we work with require this to get their paperwork sifted).

Last year we were in a tent that flooded trackside used as a clinic, April good chance of rain, we needed a) information on where and what sort of tent and b) the size as this will dictate how many therapists we can bring and how many riders we can cater for. I have 2 therapists who have been hanging on to see who is going to work or if they both will be needed. This is not our only event or gig for the year, we also have a full working clinic that deals with all sports so knowing who is left behind if anyone impacts on our daily diary.

we only break even if that for this event (the first year very nearly broke us) and do it because no one else can or will (out of the whole Australian skate fraternity we have treated 6 skaters in the last 12 months away from Newton's) , so overheads are very important meaning we need to know in advance how much stuff and hire of equipment is going to cost us, this makes it easier to budget and give us an idea of how much we will need to make up if there is a short fall.

The reason people were speaking to us about what was going on with rego etc is we had announced our package was ready to sell and certain people who know and have worked with us abroad in the past, assumed if that was the case then we had information of what was going on; when in fact we knew and know nothing only what we have read above.

We work Newton's for the riders as we believe there should be a sports therapy package at all events across the world, though without any of the above information it's bloody hard to do it.

So thanks Hop, for the offer this is what we need to know and it is detailed with other requests in the email Robbo and Haggy had over a week ago; rather than a "dig" at anyone it was more of a desperate plea for definate, solid information enabling us to offer a service no one else will.

As for Keira, we will not be there, as there is no way enough time for us to sort out a clinic without any information reagrding site, clinic pitch etc what so ever in 12 weeks; though we did request it May last year.

Got the final permits this arvo so it is full steam ahead. Make a holiday of it, Kiera, Newton's, BtB 3 great events in just over 2 weeks, it's great to be an Aussie in April/May 2012 (well actually it's just great to be an Aussie!!!!!!!)

Mack Daddie said:

Will BTB be held the weekend after newtons nation?

Blind faith, I put in annual leave for these weeks last week...looks like it's going to pay off...

Great to hear Ado! 
I suppose some of the internationals will be in Townsville as well

Adrian Alderson said:

Got the final permits this arvo so it is full steam ahead. Make a holiday of it, Kiera, Newton's, BtB 3 great events in just over 2 weeks, it's great to be an Aussie in April/May 2012 (well actually it's just great to be an Aussie!!!!!!!)

Mack Daddie said:

Shiiiiiit yeah! keira, newtons and BTB all in a row, farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

That is the hope that they'll do the races then come to the tropics to chill!!!!!

Mack Daddie said:

Great to hear Ado! 
I suppose some of the internationals will be in Townsville as well

Adrian Alderson said:

Mack Daddie said:

put my leave in today, 3 weeks off hopefully, yew!!!

See you back on Stuart mate, looking forward to it

Tom Radinski said:

put my leave in today, 3 weeks off hopefully, yew!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service