ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hello everybody!

I will be moving  to Newcastle next month from Canada.  I took up long boarding last year and am keen to get into the local scene, meet some new people and hopefully learn some new stuff.  I'm into mostly cruising and dancing right now.  Although I'm starting to develop a thurst for sliding and downhill as well.

Is there still a weekly session?  

Views: 760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where in newie are you based nick?

HAHAHAHA Sounds epic!

I was thinking about hitting it at night.  But also thought it would be hard to see.  I suppose you would be able to follow the tree line.  Wouldn't have to watch for cyclists any way.

I'm at wangi. It's not menga sketchy, you don't ever go any faster than about 30 on the steepest part. Just follow the white lines and you're good lol.
Just bought a long board an keen to shred some trails anyone keen to hit fernleigh tomoz arvo?

Dude I was at Fernliegh yesterday!

I work tues to Sat.  But am always down for a push on sun/mon!

Congrats on the new board.  Get at me if you wanna meet up next week.

Managed to hit pretty close to 60k on the track the other night. Found a few other good runs around the place too.

Ah sweet as just starting out so was good to hit the trail. I'm heading on hols next week but when I get back I'll give ya a yell.
60k Fark that's quick!
Hey Nick where are these "other spots".

I like other spots?

For sure dude!  Any time, as I said I'm always down to shred!  Been using the short board a lot lately.  The old Fat Daddy is getting jelous. lol

There are a couple of decent runs around arcadia vale, valentine and rathmines, they aren't too hard to find on google earth.

I just bought a new wolfshark with ronins, otang 4 prez and reds ceramics and took them for a run to break them in and holy crap do they fly.

Ohhh sweet set-up. You into sliding at all cause im having trouble learning and could use some help. Oh and how old are you btw?

I'm 23. I'm getting better at sliding. Just getting stand ups down, and working on heelsides. I injured my ankle a few months back sand boarding and couldn't skate for a while so I haven't really skated for about 6 months. I just started sliding again a couple of weeks ago and I'm still mega sketchy cause I really have to take it easy on my ankle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service