ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

ive ideas about longboarding docos and movies for a while now, but never really had the resources/manpower to actually put them into play, but i just wanna pitch this idea to the crew of SA.
Tthe hills around adelaide are beautiful, quiet and farkin great, very very easy to film on. the crew down there is growing as rapidly as the sport is, and stuff like this needs to be shown to the public, not only to further grow the sport but to help in aiding the downhill scene here in oz for future events, publicity and sponsorships for our organisations.
what i wanna do is take a couple of the best riders in OZ down to SA for 2 or 3 weeks and skate all the rad hills down there, doco style. The thing about shooting it down there is the best riders in OZ are from other states, like NSW and QLD, so for them to come down to SA and ride with a new and growing crew, and ride the best hills in OZ (yes they are the best) could make an awesome story. it could be a story of dudes from around AUS getting together in a new place to sample some of the unknown, hanging out with friends and really documenting the stoke that longboarding gives us. everyone would do an interview at the end of the trip pretty much explaining the whole trip and using those voice-overs to narrate the story, mixing it up with cool scenery and culture of the area.
I know things like this have been done before, or tried to be done, but there hasnt been something like this done PROPERLY in australia, and i think now is the time, and SA is the perfect place to do it. There are a bunch of us out there who are good with the cameras and really know how to shoot it properly, so if everyone gets together and really commits to this project and helps too this can be done. It would be a very low budget project shot on whatever cameras we have at our disposal (and i know if we all pool our resources we have more than enough cameras) so we dont need to go hire film crews and all that technical mumbo jumbo. It will be purely a movie about skaters shot entirely by skaters.

If anyone is with me raise your hand and say I

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

im keen,gotta love a road trip,ive been keen to hit s.a anyway. a good excuse to just do it!
fair enough Jacko

it depends on how much you wanna spend Duff and whether you want something to roll down the hill with you.
all of jacko's videos are done on a Sony HD handycam and the quality is amazing. its also small enough to fit in a camera protective box so you can fly down the hills with it, which is an option you want with longboarding videos. i'm pretty sure you could also connect it to a lipstick cam, depending on what kind you get.
all i can say is, make sure you get DV tape cameras, not harddrive cams and stick with Sony.

I suggest you ask Jacko and see what he thinks too.
you cant get hi-def cameras to support lipstick cams... you will have to search e-bay for older models of cameras with the yellow/white av inputs IN the camera to plug the lipstick in, they just dont make cameras with that stuff any more. Now its all going fully intergrated. Save the hassle with plugging all those wires and batterys into a bag with a camera when you can jsut get a fully intergrated lipstick cam, like the stuff from VIO for instance.
And yeah as far as downhill goes you want something hand held, like the Sony HD Handycam, that thing is amazing and once you really figure out all the cool features like the spot focus, exposure and white balance you have a really professional camera in your hands.
If you want something simple but still high quality you can get a sony HD handycam that records onto SD card, hop just got one and it is light as a feather and has like no moving parts, picked it up for about $300... not as full on as the tape handy cam and doesnt have a viewfinder (just the LCD screen) but its still good bang for your buck. have a bit of a research and you will find something easily
Mate sounds good to me. Beaches and Boards. You can count me in!!
Thanks for the tips Leigh and Jacko, yeah i'll just get something small and make a mount for it instead.

Also check out this video. I think this is something we could make and set up on a quiet hill somewhere and get some sick shots. I could get a bit of shit from work to set it up.

that would be sweet aye. not easy to set-up and control though. expensive stuff too.
check out the rig from that video http://www.sky-line.ca/rates.htm
I'll just get Clarry to fly the Parks helicopter over one weekend and we will use that.
Yeah man tell him we'll throw a carton his way to cover the costs. That should be enough ay ha ha!

Dani said:
I'll just get Clarry to fly the Parks helicopter over one weekend and we will use that.
Clarry would do it for beer to haha
are you serious about the chopper Dani?

the new camera in action

Testing the JVC GY-HD111 from Leigh Griffiths on Vimeo.
lookin good bud!
hahaha WINNIE!!!!

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service