ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i just moved in the city and am looking for some places to practice. i really suck, so the place should be quite quiet.. any ideas? i would also possibly want to buy (borrow?) a used board for the three months i'm here for. slow and stable are the key words ;)

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks dani! i've heard some good things about sector 9 boards, and they actually sell them even in helsinki nowadays.. (!) even though giving me a good board might be "pearls for the pigs" as we say in finnish ;)

i wish you could meet the dog, but max has been resting in peace for almost a year now :( miss him a lot!
Aww man that sucks. Well he looks like he was a champion anyway
he was! and lived until 15. in the picture he was 14. quite a fast runner, even though he looked like a sausage :)
hahaha looked like a sausage! Gold!
people on the street would call him something that could be translated into terrain sausage..
Hahaha Matt you so full of useful information!
Get stuffed! He is no where near baked enough to be me. Great pic thugh, I think I remember losing a race to him at M.O.T.H
hahaha, he's quck man on account of him being so damn skinny, even comapred to me!
haha, yeh, im suprised that someone as skinny or skinnier than dani can stay on a board without being blown off :p

Julia, welcome to adelaide! i agree with matt, flatland cruising is awesome to get used to the feel of the board, i strongly suggest some carpark sessions, thats where i found was most valuable when i first started skating to get comfortable with getting low and cornering if thats what you're keen on doing. id be quite keen to come along for a carpark sesh one evening, either a weekday or weekend, im not fussy :p
also, leigh an dani are right, dans sector 9 is a sweet board to start on, thats what i started on myself, great for both cruising and carving it up in parks. got a lil hairy doing dh on it though :p
Not to mention Julia it's hysterical watching Russ skate. You never know whats gonna happen! Dont skate next to him!!
:D good to know.
haha dude! exactly what about me skatin is so hysterical! im not doin too bad these days :p i didn fall once 2day man :p you missed an awesome sesh tho, get your ass back here!

oh, an if its so bloody funny watchin me skate, how come you're the one runnin into birds man :p

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service