ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Ok, I've stayed quiet about this but things are starting to get serious. We had 70 riders register to ride over the May Day weekend, the first 60 were told they were in so long as they got their registration papers and payment in by the end of February. When they weren't all in the 10 "reserves" were offered places.

We have now had a grand total of:
39 Paid

20 paid standup riders.

18 paid Lugers.

1 paid Rollerblader.

We are about to have to go into our own pockets to pay for infrastructure such as haybales, toilets, etc that should be coming out of the rego fees that haven't been paid.

A small group of people have put an absolute shyteload of time and effort into getting a first class course opened and available for the downhill community to ride and there doesn't seem to be the willingness to make the effort on the part of the community to get involved. I know we are a long way away from a lot of oz, but if you weren't going to come, why say you were? We went ahead with this event based on the fact that we had 60 riders planning on attending and paying, going to be hard to do it on 2/3rds of that turn out and income. Certainly won't be much for the Prostate Cancer Fund will there?

We have decided that the cut off for registration and payment will be March 27th if you do not have your rego papers AND payment in by that time, or at least contacted Grits or myself by that date you will not be riding as we will base our logistics on the numbers we have on that date.

Time to walk the walk guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-Drain

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the road is gnar... thats all u need. bring wheels to destroy and come equiped with balls...
nick said:
Does anyone have any footage of the road being ridden?
I could only find hillclimb stuff on youtube.
Cheers

Nick,

drop me an e-mail on adrian at cre8ivesk8 dot com and I'll send you a link to something.

Cheers

A-Drain
An update on the current list.

Stand Up Riders Are:
Graeme Akhurst
Nick Anstey
Nathan Aveyard
Colin Beck
Michael Bowditch
Reks Cartwriight
Steve Daddow
Humberto De Melo
Ashley Donaldson
Leigh Griffiths
Jamie Gwillim
Ben Hay
Peter Hill
Peter Kullenberg
Corey Leeson
Sebastian Lundmark
Jonatan Lundmark
Austin Moncrieff
Russell Myers
Brad Pearson
David Robertson
Jeremy Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Jackson Shapiera
Hagbarth Strom
Dennis Westphal
Michael White
Peter Whitehouse
Jason Wright

Street Lugers / Buttboarders:
Adrian Alderson
Michelle Bradley
Pat Brennan
Graham Brittain
Phillip Champion
Katie Champion
Clay Giblett
Tyler Johnson
David Kelly
Craig Mears
Michaela Morrison
Lee Murr
Andrew Osbourne
Richard Powers
Andrew Smith
Adam Sparks
Bradley Sterritt
Damian Sturgess

Inliner:
Sean Cunningham
Hi Ado,
The pics from the weekend are looking good mate, but where is the official wrap up....How did it go...highlights of the day...
Chris said:
Hi Ado,
The pics from the weekend are looking good mate, but where is the official wrap up....How did it go...highlights of the day...
Due to the extreme exhaustion of event organisers and the ASRA Web crew the event wrap up may be delayed a day.
Cheers Robbo,
Duly noted, didn't mean to appear inconsiderate, looks like you've had your hands full. The quality of the photo's suggest it was a well planned and administered event. Look forward to hearing how things went.
Chris,

mate the weekend was amazing and the guys seem to have a ball. I spoke to the standup guys at 11am on Saturday and asked them if they were getting enough runs in and they had already lost count! I think there will be some very sore and tired bodies around Oz this week. I reckon it'll take me another week to get my head back together enough to make a lot of sense.

We will make a decision on next year in the next few weeks and will let everyone know how much we raised for Prostate Cancer as soon as we have worked out the costs involved.

Please be patient and ALL will be revealed.

Cheers mate

Ado
Just got back from Townsville, and I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who attended. What a brilliant weekend of riding and smiling. As Tech Inspector, I also wanted to say,"You guys have your shit together"!!!!! A couple of little stitch ups on leathers, and that was about it. One of the best "Tech's" I've ever seen, or experienced. To the guys who let me run my luge with you on your stand-ups, what an absolute pleasure!!!!!!!!!! I had a blast, and Pete Hill, that swap over we did on that big right corner, buddy, I was smiling from ear to ear.
Haggy, Bugs and Robbo, the SGS you set was insane, and thank you again for all you(ASRA) did for this weekend. It was great to meet you all at last and put faces to the names.
Thanks Ado,
Good to hear a positive outcome for all, congrats mate to you, and the rest of the team that put it together

Beat The Bastard in the News on last tuesday.
WELL what can i say ?? WHAT A WEEKEND !!!!
Firstly i would like to thank Michaela and all the BTB crew for holding such a great event ! The time and effort you put into the event realy made it world class !!
Thanks to all the riders who made the event so much fun!! The riding was hard and fast all weekend but the level off awerness and curtosy made for exellent safe riding !!
BIG thanks too everyone who organised, helped and sponsored the event .
In my opinion this weekend was BETTER than bathurst ! because of the endless amout off riding we could get in over the two days ...

BIG thanks to Silly Fella (VOG luges ) and Dave K ( FSU ) for helping me get there and be able to attend suck a great weekend !!! YOU GUYS ROCK !!!

ILL BE BACK !! next year ...
Just wanted to update everyone on the Concrete Wave story and the official "Beat the Bastard" DVD, to go along with the articles Grits has put up. The story has been written and the relevant images sorted, and are on the editors desk as we speak. Pushing for the June issue, thanks to the efforts of Michael White and Nick "Boomer" Sable.
Anton has got the official dvd underway, and given a tentative release of July, but I'll keep everyone posted on the details. Availability will be through the organisers of "BtB".
I'd like to thank everyone who has helped in getting images, in whatever form, of what we do out to the general public. Anton says the footage is unbeleivable, and the biggest issue he has is deciding what footage to choose and what to cut to fit into 35 to 40 minutes. Maybe a full length feature film is needed....lololol.

Cheers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service