ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Myself, jasper marshall, chris hardy, and james hunt were all skating eagle on the hill a hill which most on here would have heard off, we get pulled over by a police officer and here is the story...

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/more-news/4642-skateboarders-and-par...

I thought i would share this bullshit arrest and opinions

Tags: adelaide, arrest, court

Views: 3228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do we really want to become legitimate? At the moment (or at least in the past) we've enjoyed the underground, there's this lovely little legal blackhole we sit in, the worst we can cop is a $40 fine, which in reality very few officers deal out. If we do get runs set aside for us, I have the feeling we will be forced to use them ( in much the same way you cant ride urban stuff on a kicker anymore), and in failure to obtain them, run the risk of raising that blackhole to the attention of the pollies.

Grassroots skating is where its at, and I mean real grassroots, rather than outlaws with the expectations of legit events (eg something like Nick and Myles' event a few years ago in QLD, there wasn't a bus etc. though everyone chipped in, parents drove skaters up the hill and everything just worked.) Have those few legit events a year (ideally more!) that are worth travelling to.

I'm all for legitimacy, so long as it doesn't destroy the weekend warrior

wake up, it will never ever be seen as an organised sport like tennis as some of you wish or think its going to be. 

at most they might build us a few parks designated areas like they have with street skating, but bare in mind street skaters still get arrested all the time across the world..

we're skaters...... SKATERS! stop your talking and just keep skating.. no mater what. 

I vote for trav. Trav for PM.

If "the road is not a play ground" then why are cyclists allowed on it, I would be asking that question in court. A bicycle is considered a recreational device just like a skateboard. Also on what grounds did the police have the right to take the camera? Get a good lawyer and fight this properly guys.

aha, Oath!

Mack Daddie said:

didnt know cunts now wear blue uniforms

No, bikes are classed as vehicles, just the same as cars.

speedy canuck said:

If "the road is not a play ground" then why are cyclists allowed on it, I would be asking that question in court. A bicycle is considered a recreational device just like a skateboard. Also on what grounds did the police have the right to take the camera? Get a good lawyer and fight this properly guys.

The laws are going to be changed no matter if it becomes organised or not. The reality is, it is becoming more and more popular.  Which way the law is going to go, I don't know, but I have a feeling that they will eventually outlaw it comepletely eventually like in some parts of America.

Also, the bike argument probably won't stand.  The other side of things though, if thier video shows they were skating with due care, other road users in mind and everything like that, they can get rid of that charge, but will probably be stuck with the fine for skating on a road with dividing lines.

Pfft very little safety gear.. Cops are fucking girls who take everything to far..

dude, lets keep this discussion mature and civilised. that sort of talk and attitude is exactly what we aren't about and thats the message we want to show outsiders.

Baeden Pettersson said:

Pfft very little safety gear.. Cops are fucking girls who take everything to far..

as for the argument, its about where these kids were choosing to skate. its the safest and least public affecting road to skate in Adelaide and thats exactly why its so popular to us and cyclists. yes its still illegal for us to ride it, but anywhere else involves oncoming traffic (and far more of it, both ways), pedestrians, lots of driveways and all other obstacles that you don't get on an OLD freeway. 

thats the message that needs to be made here. that we are sensible athletes that are very serious about safety and we are. i want to live to skate another day and i will do everything to make that possible with what I do.

pigs!

Traffic doesnt use EOTH. its obsolete as a freeway. therefor it could EASILY be given to THE PUBLIC for RECREATIONAL use. Shit they could even make money out of it if they had any brains. Would you pay ten bucks to ride a comepltely safe traffic free road all day? I sure would.

The police are jokers, trying to make criminals out of kids skating under their dads supervision?? please! where were the cops when I got RUN OVER by a hit and run driver? Where were the cops when my friends son got MUGGED. These are real crimes!

Jayden, bummer about your situation, stay focused, I hope it works out in the end.

On a up side, I skated somewhere begining with D and ending in Orrigo this weekend! it was EPIC!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service