ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Whats with the the greif I cop for being 45 years old and loving skating and going flat out,blokes my age are sitting at home waiting for there first heart attack, Life is for living and nothing makes ya feel more alive than taking a run down Mt Keira or just hitting the streets with a few of ya buddys.YA NEVER TOO OLD TO BOOGGIE!!!!

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks leady ,plenty of time to sleep when ya dead ,ay boy !!!!!!
Dale,

I turn 50 soon and I still cop it from my Wife's "Old" friends (most are younger than me). Had a guy at a barbie the other day who is 40 standing there with a rum in one hand and a smoke in the other telling me I am gonna kill myself and when am I gonna grow up. When I pointed out that I was drinking water and weigh about 80kg, compared to his about 130-140kg, and that he was more likely to drop dead of a heart attack the next morning than I was by luging at 6am he got really snaky and wanted to fight. Told him he'd be too fat and old to catch me (;-)> His wife laughed at him for the rest of the night!!!!!

Keep doin' what you do and tell them all to go get .........

Cheers

A-Drain
e
kookyfish said:
no one blinks when they see old surfers, skiers or mountain bikers so whats the biggy.

In a sentence: 100kph and bitumen (;-)>
It's an excellent filter. A lot of people are open-minded and are interested to hear about people's weird hobbies. And then there's the type of person who feels threatened by anything they regard as "different". If I was to make a loose generalisation I'd say that both young people and old people tend to be open-minded, but it's the middle-aged that get most disturbed by seeing another middle-aged person skating.
JudgeK said:
Keep on riding past the queues for incontinence pads

Following my brush with Prostate Cancer earlier in the year I closely resemble this remark. Get some wierd looks buying Depends then skating home with them (;-)> Gotta love preconceived ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ado

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service