ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys just letting you know if you haven't been there before, the University of NSW has some pretty sweet spots, it runs from the top of a ridge to the bottom, and includes 2 parking garages and a lot of extemely smooth (granite-like surface) walkway on the uniwalk. Some pretty hectic hills around, running all the way down to coogee, great times. Security is fairly sparse, and just ask you to move on fairly nicely.

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i know eh! uni sessions soon?

James "m0juu" Crisologo said:
i know eh! uni sessions soon?

Yeah we started getting a bit of a crew together, ended up with about 12 people from different colleges hitting it up most nights on a fair range of boards and skill levels. Won't be able to really hit it up again till next year though :(
"Security is fairly sparse, and just ask you to move on fairly nicely. "

Not in my experience...

When are your sessions? Weekdays or weekends? If weekends, let me know when. I'm usually good for a run.

And who's got the stones to tackle Barker Street hill? ;-)
We've always gone at about 10-11.30pm in the past. If we go to the parking garages we usually get 20-45 mins till they come, sometimes they don't even turn up. If you are doing runs through uni I've never really had them come, it's more if you stay in the same spot for a while.

Haha I've definitely not been keen on my dervish this year, but I'm looking at selling it at the moment, and eventually might grab a vendetta, then we'll see. I went down on a broken razor scooter once haha but that had a brake. I usually go through uni down the ramps, and even that can get a bit fast for me when there's people around to avoid. I won't be living there again till session 1 next year, but I'll put some more posts up then.
Hey man, anyone keen on hitting it soon? I live right near the uni! I can see it from my house and live like 2 streets away.

Ive got a detta, im grom and still learning, a lot. But if theres any good beginner spots and anyone wants to hit em up sometime gimmie a shout out.

Im also starting a crew soon (mainly involving mates from school Kelly Carter, fin and from the area if you guys are interested let me know)
I wont be living at uni again until feb next year, and I'll be in europe from the end of dec until the start of feb, so it's unlikely I'll be up there till then. There is a slight chance I might come up one day though I need to collect some documents and do an interview at uni, let you know if I'm up aye.

There are lots of good beginner spots there, I recommend the parking garage on barker st, maybe 200m down from maccas. It's about 5 stories, you go up the fire stairs then skate your way down, good to learn on. Uniwalk itself is pretty good too, but be careful of the ramp alongside the main stairs; it's pebbly and steep, just make sure you can handle it, alternatively veer off onto the grass alongside it if it's too fast for you/too many people. If you are after a big hill, barker st itself is pretty massive as I'm sure you know, go down it at like 4am or something to avoid traffic if you want to hit it.
Yeah let us know when your back around here, i live adjacent to barker st haha.

Cool man ill be sure to hit up those spots soon. Ive done the barker st carpark before i think i can get down 2 or 3 floors before i feel like i gain too much speed to make the next turn. but that was months ago, and on a board that shall not be named, haha. Im working on doing barker st i can do like 3/4ths of it, but i havent tried on the detta.

Thanks for the tips bro, hope to hear from you sometime.

Jordan said:
I wont be living at uni again until feb next year, and I'll be in europe from the end of dec until the start of feb, so it's unlikely I'll be up there till then. There is a slight chance I might come up one day though I need to collect some documents and do an interview at uni, let you know if I'm up aye.

There are lots of good beginner spots there, I recommend the parking garage on barker st, maybe 200m down from maccas. It's about 5 stories, you go up the fire stairs then skate your way down, good to learn on. Uniwalk itself is pretty good too, but be careful of the ramp alongside the main stairs; it's pebbly and steep, just make sure you can handle it, alternatively veer off onto the grass alongside it if it's too fast for you/too many people. If you are after a big hill, barker st itself is pretty massive as I'm sure you know, go down it at like 4am or something to avoid traffic if you want to hit it.
Yeah I first started longboarding this year on a shitty S9 with crap trucks and wheels that I borrowed, took a few goes to get the hang of the ramps. The carpark off botany st is pretty fast if go straight down the spiral ramps all 6-7 stories, but gotta watch out for the speed hump at the bottom.

I find the problem with the barker st hill/the entire ridgeline is that it gets deceptively steep for the top section, so you end up going a lot faster than anticipated, I never tried from more then 1/2 way on barker st on my dervish with loose trucks, see what happens with the vendetta though.
Yeah i know what you mean, i tried to go down it on a omni kick 40, its long. skateboard. but i know what you mean.

Ill try on the vendetta soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service