ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I wanna know what you guys like best.

Views: 1753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

unless/until your pro...dont bother.peace!!!

Not by the time you allow for the currency transfer fees and the credit card fees the bank imposes, you'd be lucky to see change from $200

I don't think that precision trucks are that critical on how good you are... You don't need to be a good driver to own a Ferrari, sure the better drivers will appreciate them MORE but everyone loves a Ferrari... If you want them, go for it they do feel real nice... Plus, chicks dig it ;)

I love my set of tricked out surf rodz, just because of the versatility, i have run them on everything from my ditch board and my commuter to my luge and they do a good job 

REYz are the best i got dem lite rey gold hanger blue baseplate 45 degrees ma fav out of all in my case

kevin is still rockin the same helmet now^

im a little suprised that even stealth division trucks got a mention, yet ronin didnt even get one.. ive both ridden and owned surfrodz, bears, aeras, and ronins.

im currently riding 40/40 184 ronins, and in MY opinion nothing compares.

in saying that, i did also love my aeras quite a bit. Just ronins suit my prefered riding style.

it all comes down to personal preference. i like ronin, you might like aera. your best bet is to go out and try them for yourself before you go spending all your money, because they aint gonna come cheap...

Ronins are pretty good but IMO Bear 2008 smokies were my favorite truck, they were low, solid, precise (meaning they tracked well through long sweepers) and an overall badass truck. My only problem with Ronins however, is that because of the support pin, the boardside bushing can't act as much as a damper, and i'll tell you what? on rough roads that vibration really sucks ass, thats what put me off spending big $$$ on a set. Don't get me wrong, ronins are an awesome truck/feat of ingenuity and mischo has proved that, but sometimes simple is best. Remember the K.I.S.S. rule...I've done 90km/h on my calibers and they held together fine, plus i kinda like the mushiness of a cast truck for downhill.

jesse craven said:

im a little suprised that even stealth division trucks got a mention, yet ronin didnt even get one.. ive both ridden and owned surfrodz, bears, aeras, and ronins.

im currently riding 40/40 184 ronins, and in MY opinion nothing compares.

in saying that, i did also love my aeras quite a bit. Just ronins suit my prefered riding style.

it all comes down to personal preference. i like ronin, you might like aera. your best bet is to go out and try them for yourself before you go spending all your money, because they aint gonna come cheap...

If anything, there are less vibrations with ronins. The bushing inside the baseplate compresses until your weight is back onto the bushings. All the pin does is remove side-to-side slop 

you should try em out on my local hills, even with 75mm wheels and shock risers the vibrations are quite laughable, i would prefer conventional rkp trucks as dampening greatly reduces obstructive forces when cornering at higher speeds, increasing the contact between the wheels and the roads surface, kind of like setting ride height rake  (rear truck 10mm higher than the front). But on the smooth stuff, yeah man i'd definitely be rockin' Ronins  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service