ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey all, just a few questions I'm sure you older guys can help me answer.

I'll start here - Last Newtons is about the saddest news I've ever heard, Hitting this track is a dream and while i don't think I'll be ready this year I'd love to see the event continue. Is the reason this year is the final year purely financial? If so what can be done to save this - How can we attract more sponsors to give more money?

Secondly - Mid level racing. I've been talking a lot with a dude Vault sponsor in Barcelona about their racing scene. The amount of events he goes to... Its unbelievable. there are lots freeride events (like BTB) where people get a chance to push their DH skills. I'd love to see more of those here. How can we make this happen?  I'm not just sitting here expecting things to happen. I'm keen to make them happen. I haven't been in this sport as long as most others here but I'm sure there are roads out there that we could use in places where the council's will be keen too. We need these kind of events to help put a step between local outlaws and grom races and the IDF.

Its like it is with any sport, the stronger your local and national competition is the stronger your international presence can be.

well that's about it - If you can answer any of my poorly worded questions that would be great.

thanks

Jonny

Views: 701

Replies to This Discussion

Spot on Bernie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g46pDeuIyLc

This happened to pop up on my Youtube feed today. Obviously he is speaking about street and tranny skating but, Tony Hawk reckons ''the Olympics need skating more than skating needs the Olympics''. Certainly impressive how far skating has come after so many highs and low's (especially early 80's ''death of skateboarding'') and it has created it's own forum for competition out side of the Olympics or any other branch. I always pictured skating as it's own being that evolves in any way it chooses too. People try to push it in one direction or another (be it style, fashion, tricks, even musical links to tricks like hip hop vs rock and roll) but in the end it grows and shrinks naturally. That's not an excuse for laziness though and as Bernie points out and has many times before, more people need to get involved in event organisation.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service