ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i ride vans vulcans and i highly recommend them except they wear out through foot braking

Views: 598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Nike's, any will do, some use the dunks like pswis and krimes but I've noticed most of the soles are the same, they'll still wear out but not as fast as vans and some other shoes out there.

Put tyre on em

Conrad To said:

I like Nike's, any will do, some use the dunks like pswis and krimes but I've noticed most of the soles are the same, they'll still wear out but not as fast as vans and some other shoes out there.

yeah but some people don't like the feel of a thick piece of rubber mine havent worn out and ive used them at wild west and heaps of other races

regardless what shoe,foot breaking will always be your soles worst enemy and will wear out in a matter of time.so i suggest get over it or work on your slides.

since realising that, i go with comfort when looking for a shoe.

ive used onitsukas(DO NOT SKATE WITH!!!soles are like foam and wear out like a bitch) leather chucks,leather and canvas vulcans,airforce ones and now the vans mid skool which is the best so far.

good thing about it is that its first of comfortable and like half cabs so good ankle support but not too much to take away ankle agility.

but what i love most is the fact that this particular shoe had and still has the best concave ive ever felt in the sole of a vans shoe.

alot of vans shoes come with it but by far this was so distinct in feel and look and together with my mini killswitchs pleasure dome it became one love.the concave is pretty much in the back and the middle so your heel has cushion and the middle wraps around the pleasure dome without messing around too much with the soles structure.

of course this is bias to my killswitch or any other board with concave so it really depends on your board.

one thing for sure is you dont have to dig your foot into the board or the edge of the board so much which bends the shoe the other way and ruins it quicker.

my bad for the long reply. i guess i just love my shoes.haha.

peace.

I paid 20 bucks for some world's at paul's warehouse about 3 years ago. Foot braked em to death then stuck car tire on em and they're still going strong.

Nike sb P.Rod 2.5's FTW!!!

Fallen are great, super comfy, super sturdy and the soles last really well

Vans and nikes can't go wrong!

haha just realised i said longoboarding 

Im rocking out Kustoms at the moment seem to be holding out really well, except one thing they have NO grip on wet roads, but thats a good excuse to take the car when its raining ;) 

The Hill Brothers in the late 70's had an epiphany.

They wanted to get into the skate board industry and worked out that the single item that got shredded quicker than any wheel or deck, and would be the No.1 best thing to start with, so Globe shoes were born in Melbourne, and they are still here.

Globe is OZ owned, unlike some recommendations here, and because they support our ditch and slalom comps in Melbourne, they are easy to recommend, oh and they produce excellent shoes for longboarding!

have a look at this link....http://www.vicskatehistory.com/ lets see who is first to spot one of the Hills brothers!

i am kinda digging the vans DD Spawn, the lace guard on them is awesome for when you crash or slide out on your knees and i generally love the feel of vans

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service