ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

theres gotta be a few under 18's here.. post up your photos and vids. ive got no idea how good other 17y.o's are. what speeds you guys hitting?

Tags: 18's, junior, speedboarding, under

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeh i dont think there is any easy way to the top of speedboardin for u guys,its a matter of how bad u want it and what u r willing to put on the line to get it,u guys have it all ahead of u, learn all the skills n techniqes first,become a confident controlled skater and then balls to the wall , wont take long n u 'll shine thru
its the world champs so there should be juniors... there was juniors at maryhill so why not newtons? i think there will be
If i can make it the Juniors division sounds great. Means I'll get in two times the amount of runs :D.
Btw in the OP it mentions video, this was a little sesh from about 3 months ago. I'm in the white leathers.

Quiet night out from leadfoot on Vimeo.
I'm 16.
hay i just turned 16 two weeks ago im sitting on 80 i pritty shore iv hit 85 we found a new hill that will be 100+ for shore so i will give wallaby drive a brake this weekend (maby) and go hit it with ben
have u guys tried using a GPS before? car spedo reedings and basic instinct are very inacurate....
Do you have any video's alex?
Yer i got a pretty accurate application on my phone jacko which tells your max speed, average speed etc.
But yer i got a reading of 71km/h on this one run we done only from about halfway with out leathers went back to it done it from the top with leathers and yes the following car behind us said they got to 80+ and the first section was steeper so i dunno it might be wrong but it all equaled up in my head when they told me.
a GPS can measure altitude... but it doesnt have to to get an accurate speed reading on how fast you travel on a skateboard.... it will pinpoint your location then take readings at intervals every millisecond (or something like that depending on your GPS) and are able to tell you the distace you've travelled, your average speed and max speed. then depending on which one u have u can plug it into your computer then download the data and get a detailed map of the traveled distance and work out things like how fast you traveled in certain points, the gradient and other interesting things... a GPS is the most accurate method (as long as its working properly) to measure how fast you are traveling on a skateboard...
your doing a reading from your phone GPS... nuff said
Yer at first i thought it could be pretty dodgy off my phone but when i checked it in on in the car i could see that when it said 60 the speedo said 60 and so on and it is built in to it and not an actually program you can download or that.
I have heard of a Bike speedo which is wireless what do you recon they would be like?

Jacko said:
your doing a reading from your phone GPS... nuff said

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service